cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beneficiary name is mismatched

Highlighted
Sandee M Member Since: Jul 2, 2018
1 of 603

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

Highlighted
Marnie M Member Since: Nov 21, 2019
2 of 603

Hello, I'm a transgender individual and I set up my account with the name I currently use. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get my legal name changed, so the name on my profile doesn't match the name on my bank account. Is there any way I can make this work?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Louisa J Member Since: Apr 12, 2017
3 of 603

Welcome, Marnie. As stated on the Upwork "bank name is different" page in the help guides: 

"Upwork will make exceptions for transgender individuals who are in the process of transitioning but have not been able to obtain a name change due to legal or other barriers. Documentation may be required."

Raise a request for a manual name review with Upwork. I'm sure a moderator will be along shortly to also help you. 

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
4 of 603

Hi Marnie,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket and gladly assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Marnie M Member Since: Nov 21, 2019
5 of 603

Thank you!

-MM

Highlighted
Carlos Andrés L Member Since: Aug 27, 2020
6 of 603

Hello, 

In my case i got the "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message, but the email and name from both my paypal account and upwork are the same. What do I do?

Thanks in advance,

Highlighted
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
7 of 603

Hi Carlos,

I checked with the team and I can see they're already aware of your case and it's under review. Please allow 24-48 hours for them to get back to you regarding this.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi

Untitled
Highlighted
Carlos Andrés L Member Since: Aug 27, 2020
8 of 603

Hello Luigi, 

It has been over a week now and nobody has contacted me about the issue. The "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message is still showing in my profile. I would love if you could help me sort this out.

Regards!

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
9 of 603

Hi Carlos,

We checked with our team and can confirm your request has been reviewed and approved. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Highlighted
Md Raihan H Member Since: Feb 23, 2019
10 of 603

I get same issue. Although I did exactly same just capital and small letter issue may be. Whatever, If anyone could help as this already 4 days letter.

Thanks

Raihan

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS