Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beneficiary name is mismatched

shervinrass
Shervin R Member Since: Apr 30, 2021
1341 of 1,595

Hi, 

In my notifications it says 'Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork'. I'm pretty sure they do match. Not sure what to do here. Can someone help me please?

Also, under 'Settings' and then 'Get Paid' it says 'Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.'

Again, I'm pretty sure that they do match so I'm not sure what's going on here.

Thanks for your time,

Shervin Rassapour

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
1342 of 1,595

Hi Shervin,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
74dc3756
Fredrik Alexander S Member Since: Jul 15, 2020
1343 of 1,595

Hi! I did an Id verification of my name and then I suppose my middle name got included. 

And now I am not able to withdraw money because "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

How can I solve this?

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
1344 of 1,595

Hi Fredrik,

I shared your report with the team handling your case and your issue with beneficiary name mismatch is now resolved. Feel free to follow up if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola

Untitled
shervinrass
Shervin R Member Since: Apr 30, 2021
1345 of 1,595

Hi there,

Thank you for your help so far. Edwin from Upwork Support emailed me. It appears from the screenshots he sent me I must have put 'Mr' in front of my name for my bank account details because this is how it appears on my bank card. I'd rather not add 'Mr' in front of my profile name on my account because this sounds and looks too formal. Please can someone tell me how to send a bank document to you showing that it's my name on the acount so we can resolve this issue ASAP? Thanks for your time.

Kindest Regards,

Shervin  **Edited for Community Guidelines**

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
1346 of 1,595

Hi Shervin,

Since you're already in communication with the team via this support ticket, it would be best for you to follow up with them on the same ticket so we can keep all the information in one place and assist you more effectively.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
gisellevazquez
Giselle V Member Since: May 1, 2021
1347 of 1,595

I have the same problem... But my name is the same and also the e-mails

luiggi_rosado
Luiggi R Moderator Member Since: Jul 3, 2020
1348 of 1,595

Hi Giselle,

I'm sorry to hear you're also experiencing this. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
vajidaly
Wajid A Member Since: Jun 30, 2020
1349 of 1,595

I am pretty sure that my name in Paypal and my Upwork account is the same,  still, I am receiving this error "payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
1350 of 1,595

Hi Wajid,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Nikola

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS