Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beneficiary name is mismatched

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
91 of 184

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ed.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Puneet G Member Since: Nov 26, 2018
92 of 184

Hi,
I'm an individual proprietor in working in India. Recently, I added a local bank account as a payment method to the platform, where it says that there's a mismatch in the name of the beneficiary. Since it is a current bank account, it has been registered under my trade name (**Edited for community guidelines**). The trade name does not match with the name on my profile. Can you help me to resolve the conflict and enable the withdrawal of payments on my UpWork account?

Thanks in advance.

Highlighted
93 of 184

Hi Puneet,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Tim J Member Since: May 6, 2020
94 of 184

Hi, I get this mail from upwork please help me. "The name "Arman" on your payment account "bank......I ending in 8823" has been manually reviewed by our staff and did not meet the criteria for compliance. Please visit our FAQ page for additional information. If you have not already completed ID verification, you can request approval for your beneficiary name through the ID verification process. Learn more about ID Verification." How can i verified my account ? I use username Tim Jefreey. But my real name Arman Kara. Please help me Thanks

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
95 of 184

Hi Tim,

Thanks for reaching out to us. One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Jamireal B E Member Since: Jun 24, 2018
96 of 184
I'm having the same problem. I'm using my business bank account and need to get it verified.
Highlighted
97 of 184

Hi Chris and Jamireal,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your concerns. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Chris M Member Since: May 19, 2020
98 of 184

I received an email message from Upwork that my bank account information didn't match my name (because I'm using my LLC company bank account). The message asked me to provide additional documentation regarding ownership of the bank account (e.g., my articles of incorporation), but when I followed the process using the link in the email, the only document it would let me upload was my drivers license. I've already provided the drivers license and have gone through the verification process. I need someone to help me successfully upload the documentation to show the bank account is mine.  Thank you.

Highlighted
Juan B Member Since: May 19, 2020
99 of 184

Here's my issue, ever since Upwork updated how they handled payment, I havent been able to recieve my earnings for a while, due to the error 'The beneficiary name is mismatched.' At first I tried removing my payment mothods and reconnecting my debit card and direct deposit, but it still wouldn't allow me to do anything. Next, I directly reached out, and they said to wait for manual review. After a while, I reached out again and I was asked to send an ID and a banking statement, which I did, and later recieved an Upwork notification that my identification has been verified, but I still couldn't withdraw my earnings.

I went in depth to check the name my bank account is registered under and compared it to my Upwork name and saw that the only difference between my Upwork name and bank name is my middle name, and there is no option in Upwork for me to add my middle name.

Is there anyone I can directly contact to help resolve this issue?

Highlighted
100 of 184

Hi Al,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS