Beneficiary name is mismatched

kerollos-mikhael
Kerollos M Member Since: Feb 15, 2021
1251 of 1,286

Hi 

I have activated PayPal and its name  Kero

**Edited for community guidelines**

I tried to add my Paypal account as my payment method 

then this message appeared (The beneficiary name is mismatched)

my name on Upwork is

so changed my name to Kero

and the message still appears what should I do?

it's my only available  method I have now

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
1252 of 1,286

Hi Kero,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the mismatch to be reviewed. If any further information is needed from you, our team will reach out to you directly and assist.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
kerollos-mikhael
Kerollos M Member Since: Feb 15, 2021
1253 of 1,286

I want to inform you that I am from Egypt and when I sent you the ID verification 

I sent it in Arabic كيرلس عماد فؤاد توفيق ميخائيل as in my national  ID and it verified successfully

and my name in English is Kerollos Emad**Edited for community guidelines**

and the name in the PayPal account is Kero Emad 

Kero is my nake name Emad is my middle name 

Kero **Edited for community guidelines**my name also.

I hope this clear to you and I hope this PayPal account work it's my only way to get my money 

if there anything can I do let me know

thank you for your help

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1254 of 1,286

Hi Kerollos,

Rest assured that name mismatch issues are being reviewed by our team. Please allow our team time to review. If they need any additional information from you, they will reach out to you directly. 

-Joanne
Untitled
damian_webdev
Albert D Member Since: Mar 27, 2021
1255 of 1,286

Hello, my name is Damian and I am new to Upwork. When I created my account I accidentaly put both of my first names, so my payment method's name and my Upwork's name don't match. Can I do something about it? The name can not be changed by me. I am willing to confirm my identity if I have to.

egaruth
Nikola S Moderator Member Since: Jul 2, 2020
1256 of 1,286

Hi Albert,

Thank you for reaching out to us. You should be able to change your name. Could you please go to Settings  Contact Info to edit your name? Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola

Untitled
shivafernandes
Shiva S Member Since: Mar 16, 2021
1257 of 1,286

Hello there, I would like to know if I can use the short version of my name: Shiva, instead of Shivânanda.

While I know that Shivananda is a very common name for many individuals around here, where I live (Brazil) it's a very unique name and during my entire life I was never called Shivânanda in a positive way. I had some family problems because of my full name and what it means, and thus I've drifted away more and more from using it.

Shivananda is actually a "two word" name, Shiva and Ananda (the â is meant to represent, as it sounds in portuguese, as a double a). So theorically my name is Shiva-Ananda.

Is it possible to just use Shiva here on Upwork? While I don't mind my name around banks and credit cards, here it's different as it's on my face all day long, and I'm not entirely comfortable with it.

And I presume accepting "Shiva" for "Shivânanda" is equivalente of accepting "Bob" for Robert.

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1258 of 1,286

Hi Shivananda,

We’ll approve recognized name variations, like Robert/Bob or J.J./John Jacob, within 48 hours. If you use an unrecognized name variation or nickname, we’ll require that you verify your identity. Our team will reach out to you directly to assist in the process. 

-Joanne
Untitled
shivafernandes
Shiva S Member Since: Mar 16, 2021
1259 of 1,286

Hello Joanne, first of all thank you for your reply!

I solicited my name change yesterday and received the message saying it's being processed. Now, I have "two names", on the top bar, the client-freelancer messaging system and community forums It's Shiva, and on my Upwork Profile it's still Shivânanda. Is this normal?
Thank you!

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1260 of 1,286

Hi Shiva,

Please clear your cache and cookies and then open your profile to view your name. I checked your profile and I can see that your updated name is listed on your profile. Thank you.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS