cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beneficiary name is mismatched

Highlighted
Red D Member Since: May 12, 2020
11 of 184

Hi. I have the same problem. I need to do manual verification. 

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
12 of 184

Hi Red,

You can only use any bank account that's in your name or is a joint account that has your name on it as a withdrawal method. As long as it matches the name on your profile (your name,) you should be okay.

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. If your name variation is not acceptable, our agent will advise you directly about mismatch on your documents and suggest editing your Upwork profile name to match your legal name. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Farya A Member Since: May 28, 2020
13 of 184

Hello! hope you are doing well. I am facing a similar problem. I chose my name as Farya A instead of Farya Amjad on upwork account. Can you please get my payment method verified? Thankyou

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
14 of 184

Hi Farya,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as well and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Tejas V Member Since: May 7, 2020
15 of 184

I have the same issue. Please help me with the same.

I have Created upwork ID with the name of 'Tejash' Vadgama but as per my Goverment ID proofs, my name is 'Tejas' Vadgama without where (Tejas is without H).

Please help me solve this.

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
16 of 184

Hi Tejash,

If you would like to submit a name change request go to Settings > Contact Info > and update your name. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Abdalrahman A Member Since: Jan 21, 2020
17 of 184

Hello everyone

I have a problem nearly for a month now, and I really need some help in solving it.

My problem is that I can't withdraw my money because I don't have an active Paypal account and Payoneer account isn't working anymore.

and I added my bank information to use the wire transfer and I attached everything you asked for "passport, utility bill" and you accepted the attachments.

but after all of this, you didn't activate the payment method because my name isn't like my name in the bank account!

I really need to withdraw money from my account, and I need your help to do that, I contacted many of you and I didn't get any result.

PS: IF I NEED TO OPEN A NEW BANK ACCOUNT THE NAME MISMATCH PROBLEM WILL STAY THE SAME, because of my confirmed name written here Abdulrahman Masri and my ID name is Abdulrahman Almasri.

Thank you so much!

My best regards,
Abdulrahman

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
18 of 184

Hi Abdalrahman,

I checked, and it looks like Bojan has already escalated your concern to our team, as you have requested here. One of our team members has already reached out to you via ticket to assist you in verifying your name. Thank you.

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Ram P Member Since: May 20, 2020
19 of 184

I am also facing the same problem, in my agency account

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
20 of 184

Hi Ram,

I checked your account, and I can see that our team has already reached out to you directly regarding your concern with your payment method approval. You may log in to your account and check your ticket number: 28711669. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS