Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beneficiary name is mismatched

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
11 of 1,275

Hi Raihan,

Our team will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and will assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

Untitled
20eba3e8
Sriperumbuduri V Member Since: Dec 3, 2020
12 of 1,275

Hi, I came to notice that the profile name on my account and bank account should be the same. Unfortunately, while creating my account I didn't realize this and created the account with google account credentials. So, the name was mismatching now. I want to modify it as per the name on the bank, please help me.

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
13 of 1,275

Hi Sriperumbuduri.

I checked and it seems that your name change was already approved yesterday. Everything should be okay with your withdrawal method. However, in order to make your withdrawal method active and access your earnings, you need to fill out the W-8BEN form to confirm you’re not a U.S. taxpayer and that Upwork is not required to withhold taxes from your earnings. You can do that on the Settings > Tax Information page.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
20eba3e8
Sriperumbuduri V Member Since: Dec 3, 2020
14 of 1,275

Done. In some places still, I can see the old name on the profile page so I got confused. Thank you.

2cd7cea0
David R Member Since: Feb 7, 2021
15 of 1,275

I get same issue. In spite of the fact that I did precisely same simply capital and little letter issue might be. Whatever, If anybody could help as this all around 4 days letter.

djondinium
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
16 of 1,275

Hi David,

Are you referring to another account? If so, could you please send me a private message with your Upwork username or registered email address of the account in questions so that I can check and assist you further?

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
651e3fea
Victor Miguel P Member Since: Dec 21, 2020
17 of 1,275

Hello,

In my case i got the "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message, but the email and name from both my paypal account and upwork are the same. What do I do?

andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
18 of 1,275

Hi Victor Miguel,

Looks like your Paypal payment method was already reviewed and approved!

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
ninaborisova
Nina B Member Since: Dec 23, 2020
19 of 1,275

I have the same issue, and names and emails on both accounts are absolutely identical. How long will it take to review?

tinker_bell3
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
20 of 1,275

Hi Nina,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for our team to review. If they need more information from you, they will reach out to you directly. 

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS