🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Rene,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
winstongarasu
Community Member

Even after an Upwork agent verified my identification on 31st December 2020, My Upwork account still says that the Beneficiary is mismatched today(04th January 2021). Appreciate your help on this matter.

Regards,

Winstong.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Winstong, 

I can confirm that the verification you are referring to, and the verification for your financial transactions are different. You may read about the different verification we have on Upwork in this help article for more information. 

As for your concern on the name mismatch, I have escalated this to the team so that they can look into this further. If necessary, they will reach out to you through an email support ticket. 

~ Avery
Upwork
5e51c13d
Community Member

Hello.

Same problem here. Upwork keeps telling me both my Paypal account and bank account have mismatched beneficiary names. 

My upwork account is verified, and I have the EXACT same name on my bank account / paypal account that the one who is on my profile.

Can someone answers to this and resolve the problem?

Thanks 

Hi Florian,

Please allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thanks for your fast answer.

In waiting for your team answer

Have a good day

Problem solved @Aleksandar D

Thanks a lot for your fast answer and problem resolution. 

Have a great day to your and your teamates ! 

Thanks, Avery O, My problem is resolved and I'm able to withdraw funds to my account now. 

c5950395
Community Member

Hi! 

Hi Volodymyr,

You can go ahead and change your profile name. We’ll approve recognized name variations, like Robert/Bob or J.J./John Jacob, within 48 hours. If it's needed our team will reach out to you directly for more information. You can read more about this here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
5c4525cd
Community Member

Hi, Avery. I have the same problem. My bank account (BDO) has middle initial as a result for a mismatched in upwork since I can't input my midde initial. Any help will do. Thanks.

Hi Dhann,

In cases like this, it's best to wait up to 24 hours for our team to review the name mismatch and inform you if any further steps are required from you. I suggest that you re-add your bank account and allow up to 24 hours to pass.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
dcfba85d
Community Member

Hi, I have issue with The beneficiary name is mismatched. I am sure the name of my UpWork account and bank account is same. I am not sure why this issues comes up?

Hi Xinlei,

Please allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
fehmi900
Community Member

hello , 

i start a web agency in Tunisia , i need to add my company bank acoount with the name of agency 

but i have this error "Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

please how i can solve this problem ?!

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Fehmi, 

Thanks for reaching out. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you. 

~ Avery
Upwork
bf1b0466
Community Member

hello there

I have same problem with The beneficiary name is mismatched

my profile name in upwork not match with bank account

Hi Wahyudi,

I checked your account, and it looks like your billing method is already active. Please let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hello, 

I want to add a payoneer account with "**Edited for community guidelines**" to my  payment method while my verified name is "**Edited for community guidelines**" will I be flag for name mismatch?

Hi Emmanuel,

When you add a payment method, please make sure that it matches your Upwork name. If in case our team needs more information from you, they will reach out to you directly.  

~ Joanne
Upwork
bhatiyarinkel
Community Member

Hello Team, 

Hope you are well

I have changed my Upwork name and discuss with Upwork Agent as well and yesterday he said we have removed all the restrictions from your profile. But, today I am not able to set-up my payment method for amount withdrawal. 

"Need your help  on a very urgent basis"

Looking forward to hearing from you soo. 

Best Regards, 

Sakshi

Hi Sakshi,

I've let our team know about your issue with your payment method. A member of our team will reach out to you via a support ticket to help you with this. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
sonia_thakur_26
Community Member

Hi, 

Me and my partner has setuped this upwork profile but we are facing issue while adding payment method. I am trying to add my partner bank account but it says that Beneficiary name Mismatch. I understood the Upwork Guidelines but we only want to setup that bank account with this profile name only. 

Please help me out in resolving this issue. 

Thanks and Regards
Sonia Thakur. 

Hi Sonia

Thanks for reaching out. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you. 

Please note that sharing accounts is a serious violation of Upwork's Terms of Service. You can find more information about violations and account holds in this help article.

~ Nikola
Upwork
artistia
Community Member

Hi,

I have a problem with a payment method ...

I tried to connect my Paypal account with Upwork but it's failed because:

"  Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. "

What can I do to connect it?

Hi Fady,

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
aqadir94
Community Member

Hi,

I verified my identity on December 28th 2020, and received an email confirming that my ID is verified, I also got a confirmation on upwork that I have received a special badge as my identity is verified. (Please see attached screenshots) But when I logged in today it was asking me to verify my ID by 12/29/2020, but it's already 2021 January.

Why is it asking me to verify my identity again? Is this a system glitch? Please help me resolve this.

Thank you

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdul, 

I checked your account and can confirm that the verification you are referring to is different from the Identity Verification Badge. You may refer to our different verification processes in this help article for more information. 

I can see that you have already filed a support ticket regarding your concern. The team will reach out to you with more information through your support ticket and will assist you further.

If you have other concerns you need help with, please don't hesitate to reach out. 

~ Avery
Upwork
aqadir94
Community Member

Even last time I uploaded the front side of my driver's license, and also had a video call with one Upwork representative. I don't think this is any different from that. Or is it?
bf1b0466
Community Member

Hi there, i have still have same problems about my payment can you guys help me out, its my third times

Hi Wahyudi,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
9066a069
Community Member

Hello,

I am a freelancer from Greece and I am trying to set a payment method by using a bank account. My name in my bank account is written in Greek, but when I put it in the field 'Name on Account', I get this: 'Your name may only include letters, numbers, commas, periods, hyphens, colons, question marks, parenthesis, apostrophes, slashes, plus signs and spaces.'

Should I write my name in English even if it is not in English in my bank account?

Thank you!

Hi Zografia,

You can go ahead and write your name in English. After you do that, please allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Thank you very much!

I have this problem also my paypal name is same as Upwork name but I get this PayPal -The beneficiary name is mismatched. What I can do about this ?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vedin,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
seifshakweer
Community Member

i cant transfere my money because PayPal account doesn't match my name and they are literally the same name. If someone can help me please, thanks in advance

Hi Seif,

Please allow 48 hours for your name to be reviewed. If we need any more information we will reach out to you directly.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
m__abdelkhalek
Community Member

Hi everyone, I joind Upwork using the name Mohammad, which is how I write my name, my bank account has the name written as Mohamed, because the application was in Arabic and was translated by the bank employees. How can I solve this, I have my ID card and bank statement both showing my name in arabic.

Hi Mohammad,

Someone from our team will reach out to you via support ticket in order to assist you further.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members