Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beneficiary name is mismatched

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
371 of 395

Hi there,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Maria F Member Since: Jul 9, 2020
372 of 395

I added Paypal and get error - The beneficiary name is mismatched. 
 Though my name on Upwork - Maria Fedorova and an paypal similar name on Cyrillic - "Мария Федорова"

Can you help me? I cant get my money.......

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
373 of 395

Hi Maria,

Our team will be reviewing this and will update you directly. Thank you for your patience. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Jake B Member Since: Aug 1, 2020
374 of 395

Hi, I would like to request a manual name review. The bot directed me here.

Highlighted
375 of 395

Hi Jake,

I checked your account, and I was not able to find any request. Did you request a name change?  If case you would like to request a name change, please go to Settings  Contact Info to edit your name. Let us know if you need assistance. Thank you. 

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
376 of 395

I signed up using my name I go by, which is Jake [surname]) but my bank account is Jacob H [surname], so  I have this on my Get Paid page: "Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account."

Should I just switch Jake to Jacob H and then request a name change or is there a way to resolve this as it is?

Highlighted
377 of 395

Hi Jake,

Thanks for clarifying. One of our team members will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
378 of 395

Thanks again for your help - do I just click on the link for a support ticket that is in your message you sent just barely or what do I do from here?

Highlighted
379 of 395

And do I file a request? When I clicked the words "support ticket" in your response, since I figured it was a hyperlink to where I could get help, I just got sent to a requests page and see no requests. Genuinely confused on what to do at this point - how do I let you help me?

Highlighted
380 of 395

Hi Jake,

I checked, and I can confirm that one of our team members already reached out to you to assist you with your concern. Please check out the ticket link to view their message. Thank you. 

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS