🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078

Hi Faizan,

Thanks for reaching out. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi R,

Thank you for your reply, I am waiting for a positive response.

d_monastyrskaya
Community Member

Hello, I was faced with such a problem, my name on the upwork is written in the Latin alphabet, and in the paypal in Russia you can write the name only in Cyrillic, but in both cases my real name is indicated, can you help me solve this problem?

Hello Darya,

I can see that your payment method is already approved and will be active within 3 days from now.

Thank you

Pradeep H.

Upwork
f2704a0e
Community Member

Hello! The beneficiary name is mismatched. My full name contains patronymic. Even if I put it in the column with surname i still have a problem with mismatching.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Elena,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
popesuzy
Community Member

Hi. Upwork is not accepting my bank details. My Upwork account name is a shortened version of the full name on my ID and it's obvious that my bank account name reflects this. Please could someone contact me directly? Thanks.
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Suzy,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your verification process.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
alybabar
Community Member

Hi, 
I am facing a issue regarding my bank account name and goverment issued ID card name.
My goverment issued ID card has the my name with my second name and then my bank acount name is depends on my first name and my last name.
first name: Babar 
second name: Ali

last name: Memon
so i'm getting an issue that my bank account name is not matching my goverment issued ID card name.
Thanks 

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Babar,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
adam-ngongta
Community Member

Hi all, 

This is the first time I am using upwork service, I was using nick name when I open my account and the name was mismatch with the bank account. Now I have changed with my real name but still it stuck with the incorrect name I used earlier. So how do I get it corrected? 

Please help!

Thanks for reaching out to us, Thoidamlubou.

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
andrew_romaha
Community Member

Thank you for your quick answer.

I received a notification that my bank has returned the money to the company's account since in the name of the bank account I must indicate the recipient as a company.

I did it, but I saw notifications that it was not my name from my personal account on Upwork. I read FAQ and saw that it is necessary to confirm that I am the owner of the company.

But I do not understand where to attach the relevant documents.

Hi Andrei,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
0b84440a
Community Member

Hello, I can't connect my pay pal account, because the names are in different languages, I can't change the language, please help

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Alena,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
ebf68245
Community Member

Hi, my installment technique has been deactivated on the grounds that the recipient name on my installment strategy doesn't coordinate with the name on my Upwork account. I'm utilizing my moniker, Tia, rather than my complete name. Is there a way I can fix this issue?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, David.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
creative_krishna
Community Member

Hi Upwork Team,

Please help me regarding Name Change in Financial Account also I don't have last name in (Bank Document & Legal Document). But Upwork required last name.

Hi Kamal,

I checked and it looks like you already have an open ticket with our team regarding your concern. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
badola_nalini
Community Member

As per making a new account in Upwork I wrote my last name which is not available in my IDs, I rectify it by repeating my first name 2 times. Still it shows “will take 48 hours”.
Plus my bank account has First name only while the bank account has been deactivated because of name mismatch. What to change when and how?
Kindly help me out with it.

Thank you.

Hi Nalini,

I checked and it seems that you already created a support ticket for the issue you are experiencing with name mismatch. Please allow more time for our team to review your case and respond accordingly to your ticket. You will be notified of their response.

~ Nikola
Upwork
fabialvart
Community Member

Hello, I seem to be having an issue with payment verification. Aparently the payment method has been deactivated because the names dont match in my upwork account and my payment method even though they're exactly the same. What can be done to fix this?

Hi Fabian,

I checked with the team and they've confirmed the name mismatch has been cleared. Since you recently opened your account, you may also want to check the resources in this post to help you get started.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
muralikrishna98
Community Member

Hi,

I've tired to add paypal payment method and i'm getting this messages.

"beneficiary name on the payment method you added doesn't match"

Yet, I have the same name in Paypal acccount and UpWork. Please let me know how i can proceed further.

Thanks.

Hi Muralikrishna,

Thanks for reaching out. Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
reynalynnavales
Community Member

My name is mismatched with the account because I can't put a period in my name. My first name is Ma. Reynalyn and when I put a period, the system does not accept it. That's why it can't match. Please help.

Hi Ma. Reynalyn,

In cases like this, it's best to allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll reach out to you and let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
dawoodhussain85
Community Member

hello,

i am facing this issue, Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

Please help.
Thanks in advance

Hi Dawood,

I checked with the team and your name mismatch has been approved. 

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
rajhar
Community Member

hi 

i edited my profile name because my bank account details does not matches , I named my profile **Edited for Community Guidelines** as first name is of my wife . I was unaware of this problem that account name when mismatched with bank account creat problem. But i edited my name as Harmandip **Edited for Community Guidelines** but still i received message as **Edited for Community Guidelines**. why? when this issue will solve?

please clear this  matter so that i work in future on this site.

please reply ASAP.

thanks 

Dr Harmandip **Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Harmandip,

I checked with the team and you should be all set now. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

thank you alexandara for reply and solving my problem.

kirill-linberg
Community Member

my name is **Edited for Community Guidelines** Kirill **Edited for Community Guidelines** in my  paypal

my name is  **Edited for Community Guidelines** Kirill in Upwork.

but Upwork alarms that my name is mismatched 

what is the cause?

kindly let me know 

thank you

kirill

Hi Kirill,

Please allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
b3c96c00
Community Member

I received this error: "Your payment account name does not match your name on Upwork." My bank account says "Valerie Brooks Terry," but I use the professional name "Valerie Brooks as a freelancer." "Terry" is my married name, and I don't use it for business, so I don't want to change my profile name. Can you please approve my bank account? Thanks.

Hi Valerie,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Upwork
fabfabs
Community Member

Hello all,

new to this site, need some support please.

missmatch with profile and bank account set up, how do I solve that?

These are the messages I am getting:

The beneficiary name is mismatched. Learn more
Edit Schedule
Wire Transfer (USD) - Account ending in**Edited for Community Guidelines**
The beneficiary name is mismatched. Learn more

Thanks for some advice

Hi Fabienne,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further with the name mismatch.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
27f92797
Community Member

Hi. I'm trying to add a local bank account in my profile but since my bank account name is still in my maiden name, it is mismatched with my married name. Can I submit a proof that the two names are the same person? Thank you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members