Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beneficiary name is mismatched

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
31 of 1,288

Hi Bon Jovi,

Please allow up to 3 days for the verification on your payment method to be completed. If you're still experiencing any problems after this, feel free to follow up here. Thank you.

Untitled
pqr7
Petr M Member Since: Jan 27, 2021
32 of 1,288

I have a problem with PayPal Payment method verification

On my PayPal account my first and last name are in cyrilic letters: Мязин Петр Витальевич

But Upwork only allows english letters in name, so I am "Myazin Petr"

So I've got an error: "The beneficiary name on the payment method you added doesn't match the name on your Upwork account. This match is required."

Can you help to solve it?

bstojadinovic
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
33 of 1,288

Hi Petr,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They'll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
elena_pogodaeva
Elena P Member Since: Nov 23, 2019
34 of 1,288

Hi,

I've got the same problem with cyrillic letters in my PayPal account.

bstojadinovic
35 of 1,288

Hi Elena,

Please, allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Untitled
4b77f5f6
Andres S Member Since: Jan 25, 2020
36 of 1,288

Both of my names are the same on my Paypal  and Upwork account,  i use the same email and have waited for more than a month  and still nothing, i want to withdraw the money that i have earn, but still the same message:

Payment method verification in progress

Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

Hope you can help me.
thank you
andregutierrez22
Andrea G Moderator Member Since: Jul 7, 2020
37 of 1,288

Hi Andres,

I checked and it looks like you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please check your ticket and follow the instructions provided by our team to approve the payment method. You can access your ticket from the notification sent to your email address and also here.

Thanks!

~Andrea
Untitled
96bc9105
Sudip K Member Since: Feb 24, 2021
38 of 1,288

Hi there,

The name I use in my bank account is " Sudip K.C.  " 

I have been using Sudip KC on Upwork.  When I tried to transfer funds to the bank, I got an email later saying Invalid Beneficiary name. It must be due to the punctuation mismatch. What should I do now? Should I change my Upwork name to Sudip K.C.  and try to get paid? Will it work? Kindly guide me through this, please.

Thanks.

bstojadinovic
39 of 1,288

Thank you for reaching out to us, Sudip and Behnam.

I’ve escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via support tickets to assist you with your verification processes.

~ Bojan
Untitled
96bc9105
Sudip K Member Since: Feb 24, 2021
40 of 1,288

One of the members from the Upwork support team told me it would work if I change my Upwork profile name to the one in the bank account. It hasn't worked at all.   I know it's the punctuation problem in my name- "Sudip K.C."  But I am unable to get help from neither the bank nor the Upwork team. I have tried to transfer funds three times but it has failed all the time. Can anyone from the support team help me personally and point out where the problem is? Thanks.

P.S. I have just contacted my bank and they said they can't put the name with punctuation. So the name on my bank is "Sudip KC"  On the other hand the name on my government ID is "Sudip K.C. " I have just read that the Upwork support team can solve this problem manually.  Can you please help me with this?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS