Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beneficiary name is mismatched

Highlighted
Ankit T Member Since: May 6, 2020
41 of 184

Hi Bojan,

I used my nick name in upwork profile. The name in my government ids is different. Will I be able to change my verified name?

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
42 of 184

Hi Ankit,

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. If your name variation is not acceptable, our agent will advise you directly about the mismatch on your documents. In the meantime, we would suggest editing your Upwork profile name to match your legal name.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Marcus M Member Since: May 6, 2020
43 of 184

Hi UpWork Team

I have updated payment method to my company bank account

I have a Transferwise.com bank account

I have received the two upwork verification deposits

== Error Messages ==

I still have an error message about mismatched name

Bank verification in progress
Due to our updated identity policy, at least one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name.
Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

==

The beneficiary name is mismatched

== Error Messages ==

* Please can you kindly fix this asap .

Thank you & Kindest Regards

Marcus

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
44 of 184

Hi Marcus, 

It looks like you just recently added your bank account. This will go through a manual review process within 24 to 48 hours. If you don't hear back then, please reach out to us here so that our team can assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Honza L Member Since: Sep 28, 2017
45 of 184

Honza = Jan (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honza)
Could someone please approve? Thank you.

Highlighted
46 of 184

Hi Honza, 

I checked and can see that you recently added your bank account to your Upwork account. This will go through a manual review process within 24 to 48 hours. If you don't hear back soon, please reach out here so that we can assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Jasmine T Member Since: May 7, 2020
47 of 184
Hi,

Could somebody at Upwork help verify my account name please? I’ve been told that Upwork has done a manual check and the bank account name is not matching. It may be in a different order but the name is right. Please help!

Thanks!
Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
48 of 184

Hi Jasmine,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Ericka M Member Since: May 7, 2020
49 of 184

Hello, I need for someone to verify that I am who I said I am so I can add my bank account info and withdraw my funds. My full legal name is Georgina Ericka **edited for Community Guidelines** but for business, I use my shortened name: Ericka **edited for Community Guidelines**. Bank requires me to use what's on my license which is Georgina ericka **edited for Community Guidelines**. Someone please offer guideance on how to resolve, please. Thanks. 

Highlighted
50 of 184

Hi Ericka, 

I have shared your concern with the Customer Support Team will reach out to you to assist you further. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS