Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beneficiary name is mismatched

Highlighted
Fatima A Member Since: May 8, 2020
51 of 184

Hi, 

My verified name on upwork does not match with the account name even though I am the owner of the account. It won't approve my account for withdrawal. I need to request a manual review.

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
52 of 184

Hi Fatima,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Fatima A Member Since: May 8, 2020
53 of 184

Hi, 

My verified name on upwork does not match with the account name even though I am the owner of the account. It won't approve my account for withdrawal. I need to request a manual review.

Highlighted
Alyia D Member Since: May 9, 2020
54 of 184

Hi there, I am not able to get support with adding my bank details as there is a name mismatch as I am using a company bank account, can anyone tell me how to get help with this? Finding the support option is so difficult, just going around in circles. 

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
55 of 184

Hi Alyia,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Could you please let us know if you added the bank account already? If yes, and if you still see a mismatch, please know that it will be reviewed by our team within 48 hours. As you mentioned that it is under a company account, you may want to refer to this help article and check the needed document just in case our team asks you to send them.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Tofig E Member Since: May 9, 2020
56 of 184

Hello,

I just received a notification that my payment method is deactivated due to name mismatch. My name is Tofig in English and Tofiq in Azerbaijani. On my bank account, it is written as Tofiq but my Upwork account is under Tofig.

I was wondering if you could help me in activating my payment method?

Kind regards,

Tofig Eynullayev

Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
57 of 184

Hi Tofig,

Thanks for reaching out to us. I checked your account and you should be all set now. For your security, please allow 3 days for your withdrawal method to become active.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Tofig E Member Since: May 9, 2020
58 of 184
Thank you for your quick response!

Kind regards,
Tofig Eynullayev
Highlighted
Jaryd H Member Since: May 11, 2020
59 of 184

Hi,

I have two issues.

1) I need to change my name, there is a typo on my account 

2) I am updating my payment method, but the name on my account is not the same as my account name as I am using a company account. Can't reach support, hoping they contact me from this?

Thanks.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
60 of 184

Work with your bank. Add your correctly spelled legal name as an account holder on your bank account.

Then work with Upwork Customer Support to correct the spelling error in your Upwork account.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS