cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beneficiary name is mismatched

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
71 of 184

Thank you for reaching out to us, Ruthie.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your request.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Nedu E Member Since: May 11, 2020
72 of 184
Hi, I just made my first money on upwork, and I've filled in my bank details but it was declined on the grounds that there was a name mismatch. I do understand where this is coming from. I bear Nedu Emmanuel on my profile while my banking detail bears Chukwunedu Emmanuel Nwachukwu. The fact is that Nedu was derived out of the last four letters in my first name - ChukwuNEDU. What can I do ?
Highlighted
Aleksandar D Moderator Member Since: Mar 23, 2019
73 of 184

Hi Nedu,

I shared your concern with the rest of our team and one of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
74 of 184

What can you do?

The simplest, safest way to use Upwork is to use your actual legal name on your bank account, AND on your Upwork profile.

But you typically do not need to use your middle name.

Use your real legal first and last name. Not derivations thereof.

That way you can avoid the software declaring a mismatch, both when it comes to payment withdrawal, and also identity verification.

Highlighted
Cristian S Member Since: May 12, 2020
75 of 184

Hello! I mismatched my bank account name. Plase change it with my current upwork account name.

Thank you!

Highlighted
76 of 184

Hi Cristian,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Pau V Member Since: May 12, 2020
77 of 184

Hi Good day!

I'm hoping all is well with you.

I would like to kindly ask how to change the profile name, I accidentally input my nickname instead. I would like to change to my first name. How can I do that. 

Thank you so much in advance for the help.

Regards,

Pau

Highlighted
78 of 184

Hi Pau,

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. If your name variation is not acceptable, our agent will advise you directly about mismatch on your documents and suggest editing your Upwork profile name to match your legal name. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Payel D Member Since: May 12, 2020
79 of 184

Hi there - I am new on upworks - I have received my first contract & supposed to start my work from tomorrow 13th May - Now there is a missmatch in my Upwork name's spelling with my Bank account's name - My Upwork profile name - Payel Dutta where as My bank account's name Payeal Dutte - I have edited my upwork name's spelling but it's under 48hours review - please fix it asap - as I will start my new project from tomorrow ?!

Highlighted
80 of 184

Hi Payel,

Please allow time for your name change request to be reviewed. If our team needs any additional information, our agent will reach out to you directly.

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS