Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beneficiary name is mismatched

Highlighted
Sourav R Member Since: May 13, 2020
81 of 184

Hi there, 

My payment was rejected as the Upwork account name mismatched with the bank account name. However, it needs a review, as the name is the same but I do not use my last name officially. And there was no option to leave it blank here in Upwork settings. 

Upwork account name: Sourav Ravish
Bank account name: Sourav

Also, since the payment was rejected, and withdrawal fees have already been charged by Upwork, I hope I ll not be charged again for the same payment when it is fixed, as this was not a fault of mine. 

Please let me know. 

Highlighted
Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
82 of 184

Hi Sourav,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Rudy T Member Since: May 13, 2020
83 of 184

When I registered, I used my nickname/middle name (Rudy) but when I input my bank information it was flagged because my bank account is under my legal name (Francisco). Could someone please advise? 

Highlighted
84 of 184

Hi Ruby,

You can update your name by going to Settings and using the edit button. If your name variation is not acceptable, our agent will advise you directly about mismatch on your documents and suggest editing your Upwork profile name to match your legal name. 

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Rudy T Member Since: May 13, 2020
85 of 184
I am also having the same issue. Please advise.
Highlighted
Faizan B Member Since: May 13, 2020
86 of 184

I have the same issue and need to have my bank account name manually reviewed, please advise

Highlighted
87 of 184

Hi Faizan,

We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Salla C Member Since: Apr 24, 2020
88 of 184

Hey!

Does anyone have suggestions what I should do when my name on my Credit Card is different than the name I go by at Upwork? I can't receive pay because my status has a mismatch.

Thank you!

Highlighted
89 of 184

Thank you for reaching out to us, Salla.

I've escalated your account information to our support team. One of our agents will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your name mismatch. 

~ Bojan
Untitled
Highlighted
Ed S Member Since: May 14, 2020
90 of 184

I just tried to add a payment method and was told that my "verified" name doesn't match my bank account's. I need help in figuring out what's going on. How do I find out what my verified name is, not my profile name? My profile name is a nickname. Please help. Thanks.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS