🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Beneficiary name is mismatched
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Joe,

Please allow up to 24 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

I can't get paid because my name is mismatched. I wrote already about this but nobody helped me. 

Hi Anastasiia,

I can see that you've already submitted a ticket to the team with your concern. Rest assured they'll review it and will get back to you with more information.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
sonilasalihu
Community Member

Hello,

Currently I am having a problem withdrawing my funds from my Upwork account. That is because I have added as a payment method my brother's Business Paypal Account. I wanted to know if it is possible for me to receive them because creating a Paypal Account at the moment is impossible from my country. I can provide documents, information and anything else needed that this is not a scam. 

Thank you in advance.

Hi Sonila,

I'm afraid it isn't possible. The name on your payment method must match the name on your Upwork account, you must be listed as an account holder or authorized signer on that account, or demonstrate that you are authorized by the business to do so. Feel free to check this help article to explore other options you can use to withdraw your funds.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork

I have the same problem. I used a savings account under another name as a payment method. Then my payment method got deactivated. I went to the bank to sort my account issues and get my old account reactivated. I did that and changed the payment method to account with my name but I still get the same error. I need help. I can't access my payment and I need to make rent before the 31st.

Hi Tracy,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I reached out to the team handling your case and the name mismatch should no be resolved on your profile. Let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Thank you so so much. It works now. I really appreciate your help.
14658ff9
Community Member

Please can i have someone from upwork contact me about this issue, I need this money

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Theo,

Looks like your name was approved. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you’re still experiencing the same issue?

Let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
14658ff9
Community Member

Yes, the problem still persists, please let me know how to fix it
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Theo,

Could you please share the screenshot of the error message you're seeing so that we can assist you accordingly?

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
radove
Community Member

Could I get a support person to message me about aligning my beneficiary name?  I use an LLC which does not match my real name.  I have a bank statement to send but apparently I am in limbo. 

You need your profile name to match your legal name, as shown on your government-issued ID, and that name needs to match your beneficiary name for your payment withdrawal account.

Hi Ronald,

I have requested the assistance of our team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
NikolaS

Hi Fortune,

I checked but could not replicate the issue you are experiencing. Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser? 

If the issue persists please send us the screenshot from your end so that we can assist you accordingly. 

Thank you,

~ Nikola
Upwork
marcellino95
Community Member

When I used my ID to verify my identity, Upwork mis-spelled my last name. And now, my name on Upwork does not match my name on PayPal.

Is there a solution I can work on?

Hi Marcellino,

Can you try editing your name by going to Settings> Contact Info? Let me know if you have any trouble with that and I'll be happy to help. Feel free to check this help article to learn more. 

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
8a8c85d1
Community Member

beneficiary name is dismatched ,what's wrong?

Hi Kean,

It doesn't look like there is a name mismatch but you do need to provide us with your Form W-9 in order to activate your payment method.

~Andrea
Upwork
p_priss
Community Member

Hi Luiggi and merry Christmas.

I'm facing the same issue with my account, formerly Priscilla**Edited for community guidelines**

and I've modified it to Priscilla**Edited for community guidelines**to match my identity but I still can't withdraw any fund.

Could you please take a look?

Thanks,

Priscilla

Hi Priscilla,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
p_priss
Community Member

Hi Joanne, 

Thanks for replying 😉

It's been a week and I still can't withdraw any fund.

Has any agent looked into it yet?

BR.

Hi Priscilla,

Thank you for your message. The relevant team has already reviewed your request and notified you on your registered email address. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them directly if you have additional questions regarding your concern. 

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
p_priss
Community Member

Hi Pradeep,

I've now received their email this morning with the secure link to verify my account.

I've provided all required documents, hopefully it will be reviewed within 24 hours

as it says. 

Thanks for replying.

mipaparazzi
Community Member

I have made an update to the name on upwork but old name still shows up when needed to connect to bank

Hello Fortune,

Thank you for your message. 

I can see that your name change is already approved on your account and you can proceed with adding your payment details now. Our team will reach you in case they need further clarification on the names on your payment details.

Thank you.

Pradeep.

Upwork

Hey there! 

I am having the same issue atm. It says that payment method verification in progress. But there is not something that shows how long this process will take. I've been using Upwork for almost a year and this issue suddenly showed up. I hope someone can help me.

Hi Gokberk,

I would be happy to help. I shared your report with the team handling your case and your beneficiary name mismatch is now approved. Feel free to let me know if you need further assistance.

~ Nikola
Upwork
lohstella
Community Member

Hi,

I'm a freelancer at Upwork. I am reaching out to your account support team to review verify name mismatches. I added my payment details and it says the beneficiary name is mismatched. The following are my name variations: Stella Loh, Hyojeong Loh.

Thanks
Stella

Hi Stela,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi,

My verified name on Upwork and my bank account name don't match: Nataliia Hilmutdinova (on Upwork and in ID) and Hylmutdynova Nataliia (on bank account). That is how my bank translated my name from Ukrainian. They are almost the same, but the bank misplaced my first and second names and translated my family name with small mistakes. Could you approve the name mismatch for my Wire Transfer paying method manually? (without changing my Upwork name, please)

Thanks

Hi Nataliia,

One of our agents will reach out to you via a support ticket and will assist you further with your request. Thank you.

~ Joanne
Upwork

Joanne, thank you for the fast response.

Hey There, I get " The beneficiary name is mismatched " Although it is correct on paypal, bank account and upwork. What is the problem ?

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for reaching out to us, Youssef.

One of our team members will reach out to you directly via a support ticket to assist you with your concern. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi

I still haven’t heard back from one of your agent.

Please advise.

Thanks
Stella

Hi Stella,

I checked, and I can confirm that the team has already reached out to you regarding your concern. Please log in to your account and kindly go here. Please reply to the ticket so that the agent can assist you further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork

Hi,

As you have checked, the status is indicated as "SOLVED" however, it is
still mismatched in my account setting and is not verified yet. This was
what exactly I was referring to the update I haven't gotten.

Please advise.

Best,
Stella

Hi Stella,

I checked your account, and it looks like your name change request has already been approved. Thanks.

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths