Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beneficiary name mismatch

Highlighted
Ralph Gregor G Member Since: Apr 27, 2016
1 of 7

Hi! 

I'm just new to upwork, and when I created my profile, I only used my nickname "Greg" for my first name, but when I set up my Get Paid info., I typed in my legal first name which is "Ralph Gregor" and is now showing me the status "Beneficiary name mismatch", it kinda bothers me that this would affect my future payment postings. What should I do? Do I just need to change my profile name to my legal name to fix this?
Though I really wanted my profile name to show "Greg" instead of "Ralph Gregor", because if I use the latter, people will call me "Ralph" instead of "Greg".

Thank you!

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 7

Hi Greg,

You will need to change your profile name to match the information your bank has on file in order for your withdrawals to be successful. You can do it from your User Settings> Contact Info.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Akhlaq A Member Since: Jan 29, 2018
3 of 7

I have an issue with my new local bank added. -- "The beneficiary name is mismatched"

I already have a local bank added to my account. I just moved from Pakistan to Malaysia. Now I want to withdraw in my Malaysian local bank and I am getting this issue. 

I have correct the name in my User Settings> Contact Info

But when I added a new account I got an email with the wrong name written. SS attachedupwork financial account wrong name.PNG

Highlighted
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 7

Hi Akhlaq,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
5 of 7

Change your Upwork name to your legal name.

Or get your bank to set up an account using your Upwork name.

Upwork wants contractors to withdraw money to an account with a name that matches their posted name. And if they ask you for identity verification, they want to see the name on your government ID matches the name you're using for your Upwork account.

It's really not complicated. Lots of websites let you use fake names, pseudonyms, avatars, etc. Upwork doesn't.

Highlighted
Trixia Hanna O Member Since: Oct 28, 2016
6 of 7

Hi there Greg,

I'm experiencing the same thing too, did you finally resolve this issue? 

I don't get why I'm experiencing such thing since my account name and profile name are both my legal name.

Can you share the ways you've done to resolve this issue. Thank you very much fellow pinoy.

Hanna

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
7 of 7

Hi Trixia,

Please go to your Get Paid page > click edit next to the LFT payment method > enter your legal name in the "Name on Account" field instead of the name of your home town.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS