🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Beneficiary name of the bank account does...
Page options
sandee_miranda
Community Member

Beneficiary name is mismatched

My direct to bank payment method has been deactivated since my upwork account name does not match the name in my bank account---this is because I previously used my nickname when I created this account.

But I have already edited my details to replace my nickname with my full name here in upwork. Any chance you could have my payment method activated already?

Thank you!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG

Hi all,

Our account support team actively reviews verified name mismatches. Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review the name mismatch on your account. If our team finds an issue with your payment method, we will reach out to you directly with instructions on how to correct it. You can learn more about this here.

If it’s been more than 48 hours and you still see the name mismatch notification on your account, a quick way to contact support is by clicking the "Get Support" button that shows at the bottom right corner of this page.

This thread has been closed from further replies due to its size. We appreciate your participation in the Community and welcome you to continue the conversation here.

Thank you!

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3,078 REPLIES 3,078
osmaansaeed
Community Member

Hi My complete name is Muhammad Usman Mir. This is mentioned on my bank account. Due to spell differences, I mentioned Osmaan Saeed Meer on my profile. I have already attached my Passport copy in my profile. So the beneficiary name of the bank account (Muhammad Usman Mir) is showing as Osmaan Saeed Meer on my Upwork profile.
And payment method has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name.
Kindly help me please to sort it out

Hi Osmaan, 

I'll share your concern with the team so that they can look into it further. 

ETA: Hi Osmaan, the team has confirmed that you can either submit a bank document showing your name on your account by filing a ticket, or change your profile name to the name on your bank account. Let me know if you will need further assistance.

~ Avery
Upwork
yaseen85
Community Member

Dear Avery

i have same message received, i have attached my cheque book and bank receive letter, please double check and verify as per upwork policy.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

thanking you

Muhammad Yaseen

Hi Yaseen,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear CSD My problem still not resolved,.. please lookinto this issue Bank verification in progress Due to our updated identity policy, at least one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name. Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yaseen, 

This will go through a manual review process which should be completed within 48-hours. If you don't hear back from the team through an email, you can come back here and our team will assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
yaseen85
Community Member

😞

Dear CSD My problem still not resolved,.. please lookinto this issue Bank verification in progress Due to our updated identity policy, at least one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name. Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

Hi Yaseen,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your verification. You can access your tickets on this Link. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I have like that issue,my name is sidiiq cumar and my paypal is sidiiq cumar but still i am getting this issue

Hi Sidiik,

Please allow 48 hours for your payment method to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Upwork
f0b784a1
Community Member

Hi i have changed my name to my bank name and it still shows not verified what should i do?

Hi Zayen,

I'm afraid the team has confirmed your beneficiary named on your payment method does not actually match your name on Upwork. Please make sure that the names match so that you're able to use your payment method for withdrawals.

Thank you,

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mika2009z
Community Member

I have updated my real name but the problem is my Bank Account name is the same name as my UpWork Account but in Arabic letter and i want  to activate my get paid method

Hi Mina,

I checked and it looks the name mismatch was already resolved. Your payment method will become active in 3 days. Let us know if you need further help.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
fdbaddd4
Community Member

I have problem with my PayPal account it says my name isn't the same in my upwork account but it's The same.

Hi Rawan,

Please allow 48 hours for your PayPal to be reviewed.

~Andrea
Upwork
bethawino
Community Member

I submitted my PayPal as my payment method but got the email that the names do not match. How can  I solve the issue?

Hi Bethseba,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Upwork
ngcmai
Community Member

Hi everyone

I got the "The beneficiary name is mismatched", but the email and name from both my paypal account and upwork are the same. What do I do?

Thank you

Hi Tran,

~Andrea
Upwork
rsdesignacademy
Community Member

Hello, support,

I am facing the below error, and I want to resolve it. Please let me know what process should I follow to resolve it. But I am sure I have the same name on both accounts. 

Error: Payment method verification in progress Your payment method has been deactivated because the beneficiary name on your payment method does not match the name on your Upwork account. Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.

Thanks & Regards,

Atiq Rahman

I faced the same thing a few days ago. When I created my account, I messup my first name and last name field. I was able to get it fixed within a day (thanks to Upwork fast customer support).
You can see in the right bottom corner there is a "Get Support" chatbot, Chatbot not help much so I do the follow option click: "Get Support" => "My Profile" => "Contact Support" => then type my issue and reason why I made mistake. Just less than 24h, I get an email said my profile is updated 😄

I have the same issue.

I left out my middle name on my profile on Upwork, but it is on my credit card. 
I wasn't notified of any issues until I went to the "get paid" menu, to check the status of my account. 

I tried adding my middle name to my account on upwork, but I am not even sure that's the issue. 

First and last name was the same on both the bank account and upwork account, so I really hope I get positive news soon.

Hi Signe,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch and reach out if there are further steps needed from your end.

~Andrea
Upwork

Hi Atiqur,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue. We'll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to further assist you.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Thanks

kmaria09
Community Member

I cannot add a payment method on my account because the verified name here is incorrect, while my upwork name and my payment method name are the correct spelling.. Any help?

Hi Mariam,

Thank you for your message. I am pleased to inform you that your payment method has been accepted now and will be active in 3 days.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork
JoanneP

Hi Arindam,

I can see that you already have an open ticket regarding this issue. One of our agents will update your ticket and assist you further. 

~ Joanne
Upwork
tonimarana
Community Member

Hi, I tried adding my banking information but getting an error beneficiary name mismatched, tried to create an account in paypal and link to my upwork. Still the same. Can someone help me?
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Maria, 

Since you added your payment method just recently, please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch. They’ll let you know if any further steps are required from you.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
0c0067c5
Community Member

Hi! In my case I got "The beneficiary name is mismatched" message, but the email and name from both my paypal account and upwork are the same. What do I do?

Hi José,

Please allow up to 48 hours for the team to review your account for the name mismatch and reach out if there are further steps needed from your end.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
a9bcf2d4
Community Member

Hello, I need a manual name verification because I go by Mandy on my Upwork profile and my full name on my bank account is Amanda. From what I have seen this appears to be the only way to request one. Thanks!

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Mandy,

We’ll have one of our agents reach out to you via a support ticket to assist you with your request. 

Thank you for reaching out to us. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
76d9c845
Community Member

I have trouble withdrawing money from my account since I've put a different surname for my account and it doesn't match the one on the bank transfer. I've already changed it to the correct one in profile and still doesn't let me make a transfer, same error. Could you help me to deal with this? (I didn't find any mail support, think you should fix it)

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Hi Mariia,

I checked with the team and you should be all set now. However, please note that you need to allow 3 days for your withdrawal method to become active.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork
nathelee40
Community Member

Hi, I have changed the info on my account to match that of my ID and I still have not received payment to my bank account. Please advise 

Hi Nathelee,

~Andrea
Upwork
evanescos
Community Member

As stated in the title i can't get my money because the beneficiary name is mismatched. I believe this is because my middle name is before my real name on my ID. So, I go by Louise but on my ID Hanna is first. How can i fix this?
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths