cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beneficiary name of the bank account does not match my name.

Osmaan Saeed M Member Since: Oct 14, 2018
1 of 6

Hi My complete name is Muhammad Usman Mir. This is mentioned on my bank account. Due to spell differences, I mentioned Osmaan Saeed Meer on my profile. I have already attached my Passport copy in my profile. So the beneficiary name of the bank account (Muhammad Usman Mir) is showing as Osmaan Saeed Meer on my Upwork profile.
And payment method has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name.
Kindly help me please to sort it out

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 6

Hi Osmaan, 

I'll share your concern with the team so that they can look into it further. 

ETA: Hi Osmaan, the team has confirmed that you can either submit a bank document showing your name on your account by filing a ticket, or change your profile name to the name on your bank account. Let me know if you will need further assistance.

-Avery
Untitled
Yaseen I Member Since: Oct 30, 2017
3 of 6

Dear Avery

i have same message received, i have attached my cheque book and bank receive letter, please double check and verify as per upwork policy.

**edited for Community Guidelines**

thanking you

Muhammad Yaseen

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
4 of 6

Hi Yaseen,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your payment method. Thank you.

Untitled
Yaseen I Member Since: Oct 30, 2017
5 of 6
Dear CSD My problem still not resolved,.. please lookinto this issue Bank verification in progress Due to our updated identity policy, at least one of your payment methods has been deactivated as the beneficiary name of the bank account does not match your name. Please visit our FAQ page for additional information.
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 6

Hi Yaseen, 

This will go through a manual review process which should be completed within 48-hours. If you don't hear back from the team through an email, you can come back here and our team will assist you further.

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS