cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefits to Working with Enterprise Clients?

laramill
Lara M Member Since: Oct 1, 2019
11 of 32

I'm confused, are you telling me it's unprofessional to ask in this forum the question? I thought that's what it is here for.  That's a strange judgment for you to make when literally every question in this forum is asking about something with contracts, payments or clients. 

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
12 of 32

Lara M wrote:

I'm confused, are you telling me it's unprofessional to ask in this forum the question? I thought that's what it is here for.  That's a strange judgment for you to make when literally every question in this forum is asking about something with contracts, payments or clients. 

I could be wrong, but I think what he's saying is that it's not very professional to do $10,000 worth of work on a contract before bothering to learn how it works and then indignantly come looking for justification of the terms you agreed to months ago.

laramill
13 of 32

It's strange how all of you "gurus" really get personal in all of your comments. I was simply asking what the benefits are, as I wasn't even aware that enterprise contracts were different. Upwork does a good job or hiding the fact that Enterprise clients aren't charged the 3% transaction fee and that this is passed on to the freelancers.

gilbert-phyllis
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
14 of 32

Lara M wrote:

It's strange how all of you "gurus" really get personal in all of your comments. I was simply asking what the benefits are, as I wasn't even aware that enterprise contracts were different. Upwork does a good job or hiding the fact that Enterprise clients aren't charged the 3% transaction fee and that this is passed on to the freelancers.

You were the first one to get personal, when you took exception to Petra's blunt but honest response.

You earned $10k on a contract and yet, weren't "even aware that enterprise contracts were different"? And you believe that UW "hides" the fact that enterprise clients aren't charged the 3% transaction fee? I've never had an enterprise client and I knew that. It seems like you would probably be happier working off the platform, where you don't need to bother learning about fundamentals like that.

laramill
15 of 32

Ok, cool Phyllis. 

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
16 of 32

Lara, I have never worked with or even considered working with an Enterprise client. I don't even really know what the program is all about or how you get into it. Yet, I've seen the difference in the fee structure many times in many different places. If Upwork is "hiding" that information it seems they're doing a very bad job of it.

aocumen
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
17 of 32

Hi Lara, 
I would just like to clarify that the in this help article here notes that 3% payment processing fee does not apply to clients of Upwork Business, Upwork Enterprise, or have another agreement that provides for different terms. I'm sorry if you feel that this is passed on to freelancers.

Freelancers have 'sliding' service fees. These sliding fees don’t apply to contracts with Enterprise clients because Upwork negotiates individual contracts with those companies on a case by case basis. In general, Enterprise contracts have a flat 10% service fee. This fees help us support our customers better.

To everyone, 
W
e encourage our Community members to be professional and respectful to one another when posting here. Please be mindful of the Community Guidelines when participating in a discussion. 

-Avery
Untitled
laramill
18 of 32

I just spoke to my boss with this particular client and she said that she had no idea that Upwork was doing this and is going to have their HR department address it immediately. If anything, they are going to request that Upwork drop me to 5% or they will end the contract. 

Thanks for all of your help. 

cartrellgeneral
Community Guru
Catherine M Member Since: Jan 20, 2017
19 of 32

If they can't get Upwork to budge then maybe they can raise your rate by 5%.

laramill
20 of 32

Thanks, Catherine and thanks for being nice and not getting personal in your responses. This is supposed to be a professional forum and I'm frankly appalled at some of the responses that your fellow community leaders and gurus have given me. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS