🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Best Course of Action With an Unresponsive Cl...
Page options
niall-n
Community Member

Best Course of Action With an Unresponsive Client

I took on a fixed price project with no milestones. I had set up milestones in my proposal but the client created the offer with a simple project fee. I agreed to provide content layouts for feedback (this was requested by the client) before writing the copy, which would complete the project. I had to do considerable research to get to the layout stage with outlined messaging but it's been 2 weeks and the client hasn't responded with any feedback and is not answering messages. I know that he did view the Figma file on the same day I sent the link.

Is my best course of action to wait a little longer and then.., or to send a message that if don't receive any feedback in 2 days then I'll go ahead with the copy in line with the current layouts so that I can mark the job as complete and then see what happens in terms of funds release? Or the 3rd option of do nothing/write-off the loss and potentially never have the time and effort I already spent on this project recouped.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

I definitely wouldn't send any more messages and certainly not an ultimatum, and I wouldn't do any more work if the agreement was that you wouldn't proceed without feedback. Use the "submit" button to send what you've done so far, and  request a partial payment to cover this. The client then has 14 days to get back to you before the money will be automatically released. If he decides not to proceed with the project or respond to your messages, that's fine, but he needs to pay you for what you've done so far.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
feed_my_eyes
Community Member

I definitely wouldn't send any more messages and certainly not an ultimatum, and I wouldn't do any more work if the agreement was that you wouldn't proceed without feedback. Use the "submit" button to send what you've done so far, and  request a partial payment to cover this. The client then has 14 days to get back to you before the money will be automatically released. If he decides not to proceed with the project or respond to your messages, that's fine, but he needs to pay you for what you've done so far.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members