🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Best Payment Method for Mexico // transfering...
Page options
michmima
Community Member

Best Payment Method for Mexico // transfering to bank account

Hello! I'm new in UpWork, and I was wondering to my fellow Mexican freelancers (or other countries) which payment method are you using to get transactions to you bank account? Payoneer or Skrill? Or maybe you can tell me how you get your money, I'm having trouble deciding because of all the fees and charges they made for transfers. Also I don't really want to pay $30 USD for Wire Transfer, that's ridiculous!

Thank you so much for your help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
quijibo
Community Member

Payment to Mexican bank is available for one buck. You can set it up in your settings page

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
ramzan33
Community Member

You can use Paypal or Payoneer. Paypal charge only $1 and Payoneer charge $2 for any withdraw . Thanks for being a great community.

Ramzanul

Hi Ramzanul,

I'm new to upwork and this freelance way of working. I would like to know if there is any way you could get dollars in México while being país here in upwork. If not, what do you considera is better? Getting your money transfered? Or getting at an ATM?
landesud
Community Member

Hi,

I just want to make sure if it is not the best option to add Payment Method as Direct to Local Bank because of high fees? and it is better to use PayPal instead?

If you're in Mexico, what method are you using? What do you recommend me?

quijibo
Community Member

Payment to Mexican bank is available for one buck. You can set it up in your settings page

Hi Alexander,
can you tell me which bank account do you use? And besides the 0.99 USD you have to pay an extra fee?

I check some banks and most of them charge me around 20 to 30 USD for receive international transfer

I will look forward your response

Hi Jesus, 

I had the same questions as you. 

I use banco azteca. If you go to their office and ask them, they won't even know they can be set up to Upwork. (As in my case). I think Bancomer/Banamex also works. Just ask for your CLABE, add it in upwork and transfer your payment. 

Upwork will charge you .99 but your bank WILL NOT charge anything. This is because it is NOT a wire transfer, meaning you will NOT receive US dollars. Upwork will send you pesos. So it's basically a local transaction. 

Hope this helps!

Nissa

Hi Nissa,

In your experience, how many days does it take to receive the money in your Mexican bank account? (assuming a local transaction with CLAVE)

It normally takes 2/3 days

Hi there! So ai am trying to set up my Banco Azteca but as you.mentioned, Banco Azteca doesn't know how to set it up and it's not accepting the SWiFT code.
b081395d
Community Member

Do you still using Banco Azteca? I asked for the swift code and they told me that since 2015 they don't receive international payments. 

I use Banorte, and I don't get any extra charg than the 0.99 USD from Upwork.

Hi Lucio, I just made my first transfer on Upwork. It was to my local bank here in Mexico, Bancomer is the name of the bank. I was only charged a $0.99 fee for the local transfer which is great, but how long will it take for the money to actually show in my account? I made the transfer this morning and its about 4pm now and nothing to show

Hello Erick, is it true? !!! I will just make my first transfer and I do not want to pay the 30 dollars that Bancomer charges for international transactions. What SWIFT code did you use?

Hello there!

I've a bancomer account but i dont want to pay for the 30 dlls fee for wire transfers 😞 did you try to send the money to bancomer? Is it true that you dont get charged the 30 dll fee?

I don't know about Bancomer, but I would use Banco Azteca instead. I get charged the $1USD wire transfer fee and I receive my payment the same day!

ruthfm
Community Member

For the ones that use Banco Azteca. What is the longest they have taken to process your payment? 

Thanks!

I use Banco Azteca and the first payment took a couple of days but the rest
came in the same day. I use Banco Azteca direct wire transfer.

Hi Laura how did you set up your payment in banco azteca did you use a swift or only with the CLABE? Thanks

800a7a50
Community Member

Hello fellow Mexicans. I use banco Azteca. I went to local offices and phone support in December 2023- January 2024. They claim to not use a SWIFT code. However a quick Google search and many payment processing sites offer the SWIFT code for Banco Azteca. "AZTKMXMMXXX". While a clerk couldn't confirm it's the correct SWIFT, he did confirm all the details attached to it are correct.

I'm on hourly, manually entering my hours. Took 10 days to clear for me. Today I was able to withdraw my first week that started 1/15/2024. 

I was charged 0.99 for the withdrawal. About 100 in fees. I'll circle back and post when I get the actual funds into my account. 

Cool thing was that in small grey letters, before you withdraw it shows you the USD:MXN conversion. I saw 16.90:1.

Keep y'all posted 💪😁

Edit: Today , February 2, 2023 I was deposited. So it is working 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths