🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Best Way to Ensure a Canceled Contract Doesn'...
Page options
45b96e5c
Community Member

Best Way to Ensure a Canceled Contract Doesn't Affect My JSS

Hello,

I recently was hired to design a book cover. I submitted a fully fleshed out design in low res, and the client hired me, based on that concept (as she stated in her message). She was traveling and we were not to start work for a week. During her vacation she sent me several book cover designs from KDP, that were NOTHING like my concept, asked me to submit a new idea along those lines. I decided it would be best to cancel, as these type of covers would require 3x the work, and we had already agreed on a price (plus, I have 2 other client deadlines, and had not anticipated the extra work). I thought it was best to notify her before canceling, so I sent a message first stating I would be canceling, and the reason why, and waited. She was cordial in her response, and then she canceled the contract - I was hoping to do that myself.

No money had been exchanged, though it was in escrow. I immediately engaged to release escrow back to her. This took place over about 5 days.

As far as I know, she did not leave feedback (neither did I)

Will the fact that SHE canceled impact my JSS negatively?

Should I ask her to leave feedback showing it was a somewhat mutual decision? (She probably would. She had thanked me for my candor, and had wished me success in the future, as I did for her)

Thanks in advance!

Shell

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, if she left 10/10 private feedback, then your JSS will stay at 100%.

ETA: If you're talking about public feedback (:star: star one) by "excellent feedback rating", then I'd like to clarify that she can't leave the public feedback, as no money was exchanged. Also, the public feedback has no effect on JSS, the private one has.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
nyonomega0
Community Member

Hi,

If she ended the contract then she DID leave private feedback. Considering the fact that your JSS is currently 100%, anything below 10 on the private feedback scale can put a dip in your JSS. If you were a top-rated freelancer, then you could have removed the feedback entirely, but that's not the case.

Hope it helps!

Thanks, Sushant B,

So, am I understanding correctly, that as long as the client gave me an excellent feedback rating, my JSS will stay at 100? Even though the contract was not "successful"?

Yes, if she left 10/10 private feedback, then your JSS will stay at 100%.

ETA: If you're talking about public feedback (:star: star one) by "excellent feedback rating", then I'd like to clarify that she can't leave the public feedback, as no money was exchanged. Also, the public feedback has no effect on JSS, the private one has.

Thank you! That greatly eases my mind 😊

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members