cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to do tutoring

ardits
Active

It sometimes happens to be that clients require you to tutor them in how to solve a particular problem, instead of asking you to solve the problem.

The best way I can think of providing tutoring is by Skype. I feel I would need to do the skyping from a tablet where I could draw and sketch my ideas. The problem comes when you need to teach a software and that software works only on laptops or desktops.

But, drawing in a laptop or a desktop is terrible unless you have an external drawing tab.

So, what is your experience in tutoring jobs? What are the techniques and tools you use? Please share it here!

3 REPLIES 3
lanwanman
Community Guru

Using Skype for tutoring is OK. However, I use TeamViewer https://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx Of course, there are many other solutions available.

For training material and for other purposes, I use a variety of tools like MockFlow, Pencil, and my favorite, XMind.

Most of my tutoring is during the hand-off stage; delivery of the end product. I want to make sure that the client is 100% satisfied with my services so training is often provided at no additional cost (cost is usually factored into the base price; a very small markup).

Ron aka LanWanMan

Thank you, Ronald!
Your last paragraph makes me thinking. The primary service this client is asking is tutoring him on how to solve a certain problem using a certain software. I seem to have bypassed the fact that I need to actually solve that particular problem first, and then teach him so that he can also solve it. I could also solve it as I teach him, but I would for sure run into many problems on the way. So, I am somehow reversing your workflow here, and I am now considering of asking the client to pay me for solving the problem first, and then I train him after that.

pandoraharper
Community Guru

I second the plug Ron gave for Teamviewer. It's an excellent training, tutoring and support tool.

If I am sharing my screen during a Teamviewer session and I know that I will have do the same thing again in the future, I record the session for later use, adjust the audio bits, and if needed, re-brand it.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS