🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Best way to facilitate multi-tower deal
Page options
oryx-opt
Community Member

Best way to facilitate multi-tower deal

I'm wondering what is the best way to set up the contract(s) for the following situation. A client wants to engage me to lead a project while another freelancer should do other work packages with the help of my guidance. These are the options I can think of:

a) Client hires me, and I hire the other guy as a "subcontractor".

Disadvantage: The UpWork fees are applied twice to the amount that is paid to the other guy, since it goes through me.

b) Client hires two freelancers. 

Disadvantage: Shared responsibilities. 

c) Some sort of multi-tower deal. 
Not sure if this is even possible on UpWork.

Any guidance is appreciated!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
8467c28e
Community Member

Christian,

It's great to see that you're looking for the best way to facilitate a multi-tower deal. Here are some suggestions that might help you:

a) Client hires you, and you hire the other guy as a "subcontractor":

This option can work, but as you mentioned, UpWork fees will be applied twice to the amount that is paid to the other guy, since it goes through you. Additionally, the client might be concerned about the extra step involved in the process and the potential for communication issues.

b) Client hires two freelancers:

This option might seem straightforward, but you're right that it can lead to shared responsibilities and potential conflicts. It might also be more difficult for the client to manage and coordinate the project if they have to communicate with two different freelancers.

c) Some sort of multi-tower deal:

It is possible to set up a multi-tower deal on UpWork. A multi-tower deal allows you to combine multiple contracts into one project, which can help streamline communication and make it easier to manage. To set up a multi-tower deal, you'll need to contact UpWork support and provide them with the details of your project. They'll be able to help you set it up and provide you with any additional information you need.

I suggest you discuss these options with your client and determine which option works best for your specific situation. I hope this information helps you make an informed decision. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
8467c28e
Community Member

Christian,

It's great to see that you're looking for the best way to facilitate a multi-tower deal. Here are some suggestions that might help you:

a) Client hires you, and you hire the other guy as a "subcontractor":

This option can work, but as you mentioned, UpWork fees will be applied twice to the amount that is paid to the other guy, since it goes through you. Additionally, the client might be concerned about the extra step involved in the process and the potential for communication issues.

b) Client hires two freelancers:

This option might seem straightforward, but you're right that it can lead to shared responsibilities and potential conflicts. It might also be more difficult for the client to manage and coordinate the project if they have to communicate with two different freelancers.

c) Some sort of multi-tower deal:

It is possible to set up a multi-tower deal on UpWork. A multi-tower deal allows you to combine multiple contracts into one project, which can help streamline communication and make it easier to manage. To set up a multi-tower deal, you'll need to contact UpWork support and provide them with the details of your project. They'll be able to help you set it up and provide you with any additional information you need.

I suggest you discuss these options with your client and determine which option works best for your specific situation. I hope this information helps you make an informed decision. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask.

prestonhunter
Community Member

The client should hire you.

And the client should hire other freelancers separately, using official UPwork contracts.

All using hourly contracts.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths