cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Best way to withdraw money in India

Sayon S Member Since: Mar 22, 2016
41 of 49
Thank you for your suggestion, I will try Payoneer. However to keep another option as PayPal, do you have any idea how can I stop getting that 4.4% charge from PayPal? I got this charge when I withdrew my 1st upwork earnings.

I had earlier used PayPal with Elance but never got this charge and I never changed my PayPal account settings.

Thanks again for all helpful tips and suggestions.

Sayon
Dnyaneshwar G Member Since: Oct 21, 2015
42 of 49

Hi Sayon,

I will suggest you to use Payoneer and Local Fund Transfer. PayPal not seems good payment option for Upwork. I don't think you can skip PayPal charges.

Lets try Payoneer first for experience.

Thanks & Regards,
Dnyaneshwar Ganage
43 of 49

Hi once again,

Do I need to select the currency as INR or USD? And is it ok to use Savings Account?

waiting for your reply.

Thanks,

Sayon

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
44 of 49

Hi Sayon,

It's your decision whether you want to receive your funds in dollars or your local currency. Please consult your bank about possible incoming fees and the account type you need to use.

Upama G Member Since: Jan 21, 2017
45 of 49

How do I withdraw money using Payoneer and Local Fund Transfer? Please mention the steps.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
46 of 49

Hi Upama,

Would you like to get more details about these two withdrawal options, which you can do by checking the Help article I lined in most earlier post, or to use Payoneer and eventually withdraw your funds to your bank account? Note that the Local Fund Transfer is now called Direct to Local Bank. We've also received confirmation in the Community that it's a more affordable method than withdrawing your funds to your bank account by going through PayPal or Payoneer first.

47 of 49
Ok, thank you for quick response. I'll go with Payoneer. However if you get any solution for PayPal, please let me know just for 2nd option.

Thanks
Yisambi S Member Since: Sep 7, 2015
48 of 49

I'm in Zambia and we cannot receive money through Paypal so that's not an option. I Joined Payoneer but their card has been on the way for 7 months. I can picture it still swimming across the ocean. I imagine it had to take the long way around, trying to avoid some sharks. Anyway, Payoneer just isn't an option for now.

Upwork's wire transfer costs me $30, which is 350 in my currency, which is 21% of my rent, which is actually due in 4 days, which makes me resent my landlord. So no, Upwork payment is not an option.

I remain with Skrill. The apparently evil Skrill. Or is it?

I was afraid before I tried it because of the gazillion negative reviews it's received on the internet. How is 1.6 out of 10 for a review? And the people my goodness! It was as if they could swear they would rather be thrown into a pit of cobras than transact through Skrill.

But Skrill saved my life.

I first withdrew $40 just to test the waters. And I was flat broke, so even though this was an experiment, it could only go one way or I was going to have to pick up my guitar and a stool, head for the market streets, and play my heart out for well-wishers' coins.

It did go the one way I had hoped it would. The good way.

I got my money and the only bits I lost were $1 to Upwork, $3.5 to Skrill, and $7 to my Bank. So Skrill only got $3.5.

But, what about the Skrill horror stories I have heard?

I don't know the full details to those, so I can't say anything about them. But, I have a few guesses.

1. When signing up, please use your correct name. Skrill is not a social network where you can use that name your mom fondly calls you by. Someone actually used a fancy name and was asking how he could change it. Use your legal name.

2. Birthday. I have done it before and I still do it. Whenever I'm signing up on sites I don't fully trust, I just enter the most convenient birthday, usually 1-1-1990. Don't. For Skrill, use your correct birthday.

3. Please don't use a backyard bank no matter how great it is in your country. I think that's how people's money gets sliced as it goes through intermediary banks. Use an international bank. I personally use Barclays and I know Standard Chartered can work. Why? Because it's standard, and it's chartered. NO, it's 'cause people have reported good results with them. I figure that's because it's an International Bank. It's headquartered in London and so is Skrill. I think that helps. Neighbours.Smiley LOL

4. Do your due diligence. But some people limit that to checking out a few reviews. The truth is, people rarely praise. They'll only talk when they've had a bad experience, even if it's their first after years of great service. Hell, people told me to stay away from Upwork but here I am.

I don't know, maybe do what I did. Risk a little of your money and see how it goes.

Yisambi S Member Since: Sep 7, 2015
49 of 49

Oh and it takes 8 hours. Sweeeet.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS