Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better profile

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Lars S Member Since: Jul 19, 2015
1 of 3

Hi all.

I have a question for you, as probably many have asked before. Are there any of you pro upworkere, who can look at my profile and give me some tips on how I can make the profile better? : D

Best regards Lars

Highlighted
Community Guru
Evelina H Member Since: Jan 29, 2015
2 of 3

Hi there Lars Smiley Happy

My humble and short experience - upgrading your profile may usually happen over time (you add experience, more jobs, tests passed, portfolio items, expand your overview and add more to it). So, you need patience and spend all your monthly connects (every month) to apply to jobs. Apply to jobs only relative to the services you offer. E.g. if you offer translation, don't push your luck at programming for example, unless you're ready to promote yourself as a software engineer. Don't agree to work if you think you can't make it, it may ruin your profile because if you don't deliver high-quality of work the client won't be happy and that leads to bad feedback, both public and private. Take jobs only as long as you're 100% you can do it great!

Another adivce - look at top rated freelancers' portfolios. They are often self-explanatory. Analyze their profiles, why are they appealing, why people want to hire them. Take notice of every little detail and compare. Do it regularly and do little changes on your profile at least once a week.

And over time you will see it transform into a great profile. If you do all that, I'm sure you'll be top rated within months Smiley Happy Don't ask me why I'm not top rated. I don't know myself, but I don't fuss much about it. In fact, don't bother with the top rated badge. Make sure you have a happy client during the job and a satisfied client when it's done. Don't do it only for the money, do it for the fulfillment and career advancement. Do it to gather experience and get better at the services you offer.

These things up there guide me at least Smiley Happy I hope all that is helpful.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Scott E Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
3 of 3

Translater should be translator. And aside from your tagline there's nothing else about translating... the languages you can translate from and to should be included at a minimum. 

The majority of your overview is all about a job you used to work at. It should be more about what you can offer to prospective clients. 

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS