sdunlevy

Beware *Edited*

I spent all weekend on a rush job for her, sent my work before the deadline, only to receive a message from her at 10:30pm saying my work was unacceptable and she was not paying. When I asked for examples, she would not send one. When I asked for proof, she would not send one. I have alerted Upwork, but I do not want anyone else to be taken by this woman between now and the resolution.

2 REPLIES 2
katrinabeaver

@Sharon D wrote:

I spent all weekend on a rush job for her, sent my work before the deadline, only to receive a message from her at 10:30pm saying my work was unacceptable and she was not paying. When I asked for examples, she would not send one. When I asked for proof, she would not send one. I have alerted Upwork, but I do not want anyone else to be taken by this woman between now and the resolution.

Did you have an active contract?  If so you can file a dispute.  They will edit your post soon because you can't name clients in the forum.  But if you have and active contract, you have recourse.  Escrow, as long as it was funded and Hourly as long as you have tracked time with the tracker with corresponding memos and high activity levels.  Just a reminder, you need to change your profile pic to one of yourself only. The one that you have up violates TOS and could get your account flagged.  

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"
stencil_media

Just one thing to note...

"I spent all weekend on a rush job for her, sent my work before the deadline..."

Has little to no bearing when it comes to...

"...only to receive a message from her at 10:30pm saying my work was unacceptable and she was not paying."

If you order a meal that arrives stone cold and full of lifeforms, it's not much of an excuse if it was delivered quickly. I'm not saying your work is bad, I have no idea, just trying to bring a bit of subjectivity to proceedings. But yeah, if they don't want to pay, they'll have to file a dispute. If escrow is funded and you've done a good job, then hopefully you'll win that dispute. And not respoonding to requests about what's wrong with the work you did is unlikely to work in the client's favor. 

Good luck!

"Welcome, humans. I'm ready for you!"
- Box, Logan's Run (1976)