cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware: Job Hoax

aoivey
Angela I Member Since: Nov 14, 2018
1 of 4

This posting appears to be a hoax.  I went through the inteview process and something was off.  Before I completed it, I did some quick research.  The very same letter I got has been circulating on places like Indeed for over 3 years. 

Editing & Proofreading
Looking for an ASAP freelance Editor. The role of the editor is to work alongside with our team as part of a newly-developed division focused on long-form programming to help balance the portfolio of editing content offerings for the Raiders across its media platforms.

This is the reply I got.

Dear Applicant,

Your portfolio published on (UPWORK) has been reviewed by our HR Department at (***Edited for Community Guidelines***) and we are pleased to invite you to an online interview/briefing exercise. You've been assigned to Mr. Kelvin J***** (Hiring Manager) of ***Edited for Community Guidelines***, He would be conducting an online interview with you.

The interview will last about 60 minutes. You’ll have the chance to discuss the position’s responsibilities and learn more about our company.

Please add the company Hiring coordinator Mr. Kelvin J***** on his ID (***Edited for Community Guidelines***) and message him to commence with the interview .If you don't have a Google-hangout on your computer, then log on to www.hangouts.google.com to download one for free then Set up an account with Google hangout. He is online waiting for you.

Interview Scheduled : 11/14/2018
Venue: On line Via Google Hangouts
Time : 9:00 AM EST
Training is Available

Your verification code is (C/W_110011). This would serve as your identification number throughout the on-line hiring process. This is an online work from home and working hours are flexible.

Your swift and timely response matters a lot as this is an immediate hire position... We look forward to having you on the team.

Note: Notification will go round and this job post on Upwork will be closed, if you are getting this message you have been given an opportunity among other Applicants. Welcome to (***Edited for Community Guidelines***).

Best regards

Human Resource

***Edited for Community Guidelines***

lenaellis
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
2 of 4

Hi Angela,

Thanks for flagging this job to us. I removed company names as often times when a job is a scam or hoax they will use a real company's name as a cover. The link that you shared to the job actually linked to your job search page and not the job posting. I will try to find the job on the backend and have the team review and take necessary action. 

-Lena

Untitled
lenaellis
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
3 of 4

Hi Angela,

Just following up to let you know I found the job post, and its already been taken down, and action has been taken on the client account.

-Lena

Untitled
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 4

One of the oldest scams in the book. They want to send you a fake check so you can send them real money.

Been all over the Internet for near 15 years.

Real-Job-Or-Scam.jpg

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS