cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware! oDesk allows Clients to change Freelancer's history for a closed and paid contracts - i.e. at any time

milan_sc
Milan S Member Since: Apr 27, 2012
31 of 80
Oh, give me a break. I would be pissed off too. It's a bad Odesk system design. If a client wants to change the job to PRIVATE at any time, then the Odesk system should display the JOB as PRIVATE, hiding everything including the title, and leaving only the client's feedback. Allowing a client to change the title to any crap at any time is just unacceptable.
natacharodriguez
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
32 of 80
From Unix C Program to a?? You have reasons to be annoyed. Did you contact the client about this? If I were you I wouldn't say anything about the job being private now, I would just talk about the title, ask him nicely to please change it and point out how bad it looks. This shouldn't be allowed.
jbampton
Community Guru
John B Member Since: Feb 20, 2009
33 of 80
oDesk has turned into a complete F**KING JOKE! Hidden applicants! Money back guarantee! Illogical search results! Clients can now change job title after contract has finished! This site has the worst user experience of all the freelance sites! Product managers should be fired!
marciamalory
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
34 of 80
That allows client to request infinite revisions before making a milestone payment.
mistykeith
Community Guru
Misty K Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
35 of 80
Yes, Odesk itself does have some horrible fixations going on. I'm not going to be staying here any longer myself. There are still some good things too though. The platform has simply gone down hill over the past two years.
natacharodriguez
Community Guru
36 of 80
I can't believe oDesk will not do anything to solve this. This is just so unfair. The OP successfully completed the job, it was showing on his profile with the original title Unix C Program, for whatever reason, the client simply changed the title to a. The client is not responding, and oDesk is saying they can't do anything? So he's stuck with a ridiculous title! For clients that want everything private, this should be done before. Moreover, at least put Private Job as a title, not a freaking letter. I would never accept a contract if it had a letter or a number as a title, not that this matters, now we know clients can change it to whatever they want, even after completed!
marciamalory
Community Guru
37 of 80
It sounds like oDesk did not even notify Grigory that his profile had been altered. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't recheck my profile every day, and I don't have many past jobs to check compared to other freelancers.
natacharodriguez
Community Guru
38 of 80
I just remembered, before this was not possible. The only way was to end the contract. https://www.odesk.com/community/node/27912 I wonder who is coming up with all the new features 😞
natacharodriguez
Community Guru
39 of 80
[quote=Milan S.]If a client wants to change the job to PRIVATE at any time, then the Odesk system should display the JOB as PRIVATE, hiding everything including the title, and leaving only the client's feedback.[/quote] It should display both, the clients feedback and the freelancers feedback. This it how it was before, the job description would be hidden *not* the feedback. For private jobs, we can now only see clients feedback. This is pretty bad, if you end with a bad feedback and give your side of the story/rating, new clients can't see. I actually have a ticket opened about this, I'm trying to find out if it's a new feature or a new bug.
marciamalory
Community Guru
40 of 80
I didn't know about this change. When I see bad feedback on a profile, client or contractor, I follow the trail and look at both sides. Sometimes it is clear me that the person giving the low ranking was in the wrong.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS