cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware! oDesk allows Clients to change Freelancer's history for a closed and paid contracts - i.e. at any time

natacharodriguez
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
41 of 80
[quote=Marcia Malory]I didn't know about this change. When I see bad feedback on a profile, client or contractor, I follow the trail and look at both sides. Sometimes it is clear me that the person giving the low ranking was in the wrong.[/quote] I have and open ticket about this since Jan 12, I showed them that private jobs were no longer clickable, only the feedback from the client would show, and it was unfair. I just checked now and it's back to the way it was, private jobs showing feedback from both sides, only the job description is private :) This is the reply I got yesterday: I apologize for the delay in updating this ticket. We wanted to inform you that we are actively working on this case. We will provide an update as soon as we have additional information relating to this issue. We appreciate your continued patience I guess they haven't informed her it's fixed.
marvyjay
Marvel J Member Since: Jun 30, 2011
42 of 80
[quote=Grigory Mozhaev]> Client disappeared and do not want to answer to oDesk requests, why he will answer to mine? And why he won't change the title to something more odd than just "a" if he will think - I'm so annoying with my requests? Btw, title "Unix C Program" has no secrets, it's pretty common title which I want back in my history.[/quote] Ask you client nicely? That's a start. Stomping up and down complaining is not going to solve it. Based on the feedback you got from that job am sure the client will be willing to make the change..
marciamalory
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
43 of 80
I have had clients discuss my job title with me before I was hired to make sure I was happy it. My clients appreciate me and treat me with respect.
mistykeith
Community Guru
Misty K Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
44 of 80
When I read the OP's initial statement it irritated me. It reminded me of a kid falling down in the store because their candy wasn't the right color. Respect on both sides is important. If you want the title changed then be respectful when speaking to your client, not demanding. Demands will get you nowhere (this is directed to the OP, by the way) But, at the same time, if this is a privacy issue, and there are competitor issues cropping up, then the client might very well be hesitant to do anything. It could be changed to something such as "Coder" or "Computer Applications" or even "HTML Assistance" something that is fairly private and doesn't give away the real job. This OP will never get anywhere if they are demanding of their past client and just being rude. That is how I'd see it as a client anyway.
marciamalory
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
45 of 80
If anything, he was complaining about oDesk policies and ODesk support.
zcrendel
Grigory M Member Since: Oct 13, 2009
46 of 80
> It reminded me of a kid I'm a contractor with about to 6k hours worked (and a lot of a fixed prices jobs), I'm not a kid as you somehow though, and topic is not just about tiny complains, but about a serious thing for me - please be respectful to other.
margaretphillips
Community Guru
Margaret P Member Since: Jul 7, 2007
47 of 80
This should not be allowed. The client could just as easily change the title to "Do not Hire Misty".
coffman-robin
Robin C Member Since: Jan 10, 2012
48 of 80
[quote=Margaret P.]This should not be allowed. The client could just as easily change the title to "Do not Hire Misty".[/quote] Which is one of the points OP is trying to make.
mistykeith
Community Guru
Misty K Member Since: Feb 5, 2012
49 of 80
I guess it could be titled to something such as: "Do not work for said client" too. Look, I have my opinion here and if we are going to talk about respecting one another then it should be understood everyone is going to have their own takeaway from this. It is simply stupid to argue about. I've simply stated that in order to expect a client to meet your needs then you should have some consideration for them as well. If the OP is being demanding on this then they aren't getting nowhere. Period. I've dealt with a lot of crap with some past clients who just can't be pleased, but I don't complain about it. I move on and make the proper adjustments. It is what it is, and that's it. Nothing more for me to say here.
junelle
Community Guru
Junelle A Member Since: May 31, 2009
50 of 80
[quote=Margaret P.]This should not be allowed. The client could just as easily change the title to "Do not Hire Misty".[/quote] [quote=Misty Keith]I guess it could be titled to something such as: "Do not work for said client" too.[/quote] why on earth would a client change the job title to say not to work for the client?? [quote=Misty Keith]Look, I have my opinion here and if we are going to talk about respecting one another then it should be understood everyone is going to have their own takeaway from this.[/quote] [quote=Misty Keith]You're being obnoxious really.[/quote] that didn't sound very respectful. nobody said *you* were being "anything".
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain." - Maya Angelou
Try harder, or care less.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS