🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Beware of UPWORK
Page options
aidinformation
Community Member

Beware of UPWORK

Beware of upw, even if you complete the task successfully, there is a chance that the milestones will be canceled.

Hello everyone

A few days ago I bid on a project for $ 40 and the client replied to me. He asked for sample work and I finished it. He impressed with my work and awarded me with $40 escrow. I finished the work in 10 minutes and sent it to him. My client said everything was fine and he told me "I will check the work and will release payment soon", but no reply from him for two days. I received an email from Upwork regarding that project and it was cancelled by Upwork due to a problem with the client payment system. Upwork also cancelled my $ 40 escrow. I contacted Upwork and they told me the same thing and there was no way to get my payment back.

I'm not worried about $ 40, but If it is a big project with a lot of workers, what should I do for it?

What about my work, time and money? Who is responsible for it?

As a freelancer we do not know the client's payment system, I always check whether the client payment is verified or not and only the milestones.

2 REPLIES 2
PradeepH

Hi Somasekhar,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about your experience with a client. Please note that Upwork does not encourage freelancers to submit any sample or trial work before accepting an offer from the client. Any work done without a contract may lead to possible fraud and non payment and will not be covered under Upwork Payment Protection.  Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you’d like to report a violation.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
moonraker
Community Member

Somasekhar G wrote:

He impressed with my work and awarded me with $40 escrow. I finished the work in 10 minutes and sent it to him

So he paid you $40 for 10 minutes work, while your profile rate is $20/hr.

And you didn't stop to question this?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members