🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Beware of scam
Page options
aamirrana41
Community Member

Beware of scam

yesterday i get invitation for the job and i accept it they ask me to send a mail on their mail for files. i sent they reply and ask for security payment and i refuse 

and today i get same message from different person and different location

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aamir,

Thanks for taking the time to report this! I checked the job posts you were referring to and it seems that they have already been taken down because they were in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client's account. 

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you'd like to report a violation.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AleksandarD
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aamir,

Thanks for taking the time to report this! I checked the job posts you were referring to and it seems that they have already been taken down because they were in violation of Upwork TOS and action has been taken on the client's account. 

Please check out this post for more tips on how to avoid questionable jobs and please use the flag option found on each job post or message anytime you'd like to report a violation.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

yes upwork removed 

now i get same invitation from another person and different location

re: "now i get same invitation from another person and different location"

But now you know immediately that these are just scammers.

So you don't need to waste time talking to them.

You may choose to simply delete/decline their invitation.

Or you may choose to decline PLUS click on the "Flag as inappropriate" link button on the job posting page to report them. As a practicaly matter... You do not need to mention them in the Community Forum or report them elsewhere.

Upwork will never get rid of these scammers. But the good news is that as you gain experience, they stop sending you invitations. They never contact me and freelancers like me, because they know we are too experienced as Upwork users to fall for their scams.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members