🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Beware of scammers (pay attention to my BOLD ...
Page options
77018b8f
Community Member

Beware of scammers (pay attention to my BOLD words in order to see them coming)

Hi, I was recently making some bids on some around, and I happily dropped by a scammer, the client in fact is requiring a beginner level and was offering 20-180usd/hours because newbies on the platedorm might easily find themselves trapped that way, so I decided to bid there to catch him up. He next interviewed me asking for payments outside of Upwork(not to mention that his payment was not verified). He sent me some "spy and virus based documents" to open(no worries, I knew) and asked me to send him my wallet in a very childish texting style while calling me "BRO", When I asked hime the reason,  since we had not started anything yet, he answered that he needs to "save" my wallet and see the "transactions" XDDDDD. I advice any other freelancer actually being interviewed by that person to block him, as long as you haven't given your real wallet of course.....display more prudence, reason, and realism while targetting or assessing your clients. here are some parts of our "psychlogical" iscussion, you could see his name there. 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Kevin L wrote: He sent me some "spy and virus based documents"

If you stop violating Upwork's Terms of Service by agreeing to be paid outside of Upwork, you won't get scammed and won't get banned by Upwork either.

Clever of you to post proof of you violating the Terms of Service on a public post in Upwork's own forum...

I advice any other freelancer actually being interviewed by that person to block him, . 

No, the only advice "any other freelancers" need is that they are not allowed to communicate outside the platform and must not do any financial transactions either way outside the platform.

That's all.

NikolaS

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team for further investigation and appropriate actions will be taken according to our internal processes.

Please check this thread and this help article for more information on how to stay safe on Upwork. You may also want to check Upwork's Terms of Service.

~ Nikola
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members