🐈 Community
rinor85

Bid beyond the budgets of low-paying clients? Or leave them alone?

Well...I played with the good ol' job filters the past couple of days. There's hardly any transcription jobs out there in the expert level pay on Upwork. 

There were a couple but a quick glance at their job history showed the clients always underpay their contractors in their past projects so no, they weren't actually interested in giving expert-level pay, me thinks. They just want the high quality work without forking the right amount of money for it.

Has it ever been a worthwhile strategy to bid above a client's budget/pay level/the amount of pay a client gave to his past contractors? Or perhaps it's better for me to just save my connects and keep a lookout for clients who are genuinely willing to pay for expert-level work from the start?

1 REPLY 1
petra_r

@Rinor R wrote:

Has it ever been a worthwhile strategy to bid above a client's budget/pay level/the amount of pay a client gave to his past contractors? Or perhaps it's better for me to just save my connects and keep a lookout for clients who are genuinely willing to pay for expert-level work from the start?

I am having a distinct Deja-Vue feeling here.... Didn't you start a thread about exactly that not so long ago? Like this one?

Your feedback history is a bit troubling, with almost every client marking you down for quality. It will be interesting to see what your JSS looks like when you get one.

Maybe aiming at the Expert level jobs is a little ambitious at this stage.

Learning Paths