🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bid range is not showing correctly
Page options
karas_samy
Community Member

Bid range is not showing correctly

Yesterday I applied for a job, and the number of proposals was 10 to 15. I placed my bid with $500, And I believe this was the lowest budget as the bidding range was High $900+ / Avg 830+ / Low 800+ just before I submitted my proposal. The low changed later to $500.Till that point, everything is working just fine.

So I open the job posting a day later to check on it, to find the number of proposals reduced to 5 to 10, and that might not be the problem; the problem is that the bid range is now: "High $944.44 | Avg $824.18 | Low $749.0, while my proposal still has a bidding price of $500. I tried changing terms and refreshing a couple of times, but still have this bid range issue.

What is it that might cause such a problem?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Karas S wrote:

. I placed my bid with $500, And I believe this was the lowest budget as the bidding range was High $900+ / Avg 830+ / Low 800+ just before I submitted my proposal. The low changed later to $500.Till that point, everything is working just fine.

So I open the job posting a day later to check on it, to find the number of proposals reduced to 5 to 10, and that might not be the problem; the problem is that the bid range is now: "High $944.44 | Avg $824.18 | Low $749.0, while my proposal still has a bidding price of $500. I tried changing terms and refreshing a couple of times, but still have this bid range issue.

It means the client declined or archived your proposal.

The range (and the number of applicants) only includes and shows the number and price of proposals that are still in the running. It does not include the proposals that were declined, archived, or withdrawn.

Being the lowest bidder, way below budget, only works with the kind of clients you probably won't want to be working with anyway.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
petra_r
Community Member

Karas S wrote:

. I placed my bid with $500, And I believe this was the lowest budget as the bidding range was High $900+ / Avg 830+ / Low 800+ just before I submitted my proposal. The low changed later to $500.Till that point, everything is working just fine.

It means the client declined or archived your proposal.

The range (and the number of applicants) only includes and shows the number and price of proposals that are still in the running. It does not include the proposals that were declined, archived, or withdrawn.

Being the lowest bidder, way below budget, only works with the kind of clients you probably won't want to be working with anyway.

I did not intentionally lowball the gig, It was $800 for like 5 relatively simple infographics. Plus, the entire client's history of payments consisted of $20 - 100 payments, so I tried to be reasonable.

prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "What is it that might cause such a problem?"

It is entirely possible that the cliient did the same thing I do as a client - whether hiring for local labor via Craigs LIst or hiring for remote work via Upwork...

If I see an unrealistically low bid, I simply archive it or delete it without looking at it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths