cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bidding for jobs

Peter O Member Since: May 6, 2016
1 of 9

I am new to upwork. I have uploaded my profile (up to70%) but I cannot bid for jobs. I just cannot see the "Apply" button in any job on my tab. I cant see either the "Getting Started"  checklist or the "freelancer manual" on my Find Jobs page.

Please help, I want to bid for jobs and to work

Lucky M O Member Since: May 1, 2016
2 of 9

I am having a simillar problem, but mine is a little bit different. I have achieved 100% profile completion yet i recieved an email telling me that i will not be able to use the marketplace and also submitt any proposals because there are no opportunities matching my skills and expiriences which doesnt seem true because i have spotted many. I have tried to contact the helpcentre but they keep sending the same reply.Kindly Advice on what the Problem might be. I too realy need an to find work.

Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
3 of 9

@Lucky M O wrote:

I am having a simillar problem, but mine is a little bit different. I have achieved 100% profile completion yet i recieved an email telling me that i will not be able to use the marketplace and also submitt any proposals because there are no opportunities matching my skills and expiriences which doesnt seem true because i have spotted many. I have tried to contact the helpcentre but they keep sending the same reply.Kindly Advice on what the Problem might be. I too realy need an to find work.

Data entry is a saturated field. That message doesn't mean that there are no data entry jobs posted here, but that there are already so many more data entry freelancers on Upwork than there are jobs available for that the market is not open to additional freelancers. 

Community Guru
Maria A Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
4 of 9

Sounds like your profile has yet to be approved.

5 of 9

Yes my profile has not ben approved. So does that mean if your profile has not been approved you cannon bid for any job?

Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
6 of 9

No, you cannot apply until your profile is approved.  Might take a couple of days.

7 of 9

Hi, Peter?

Try cicking at the job you are inteested in, there you will find the "Submitt a Proposal" button

Peter O Member Since: May 6, 2016
8 of 9

Hi Lucky!

Thanks a lot for your advice. I''ve been able to bid for a job.

Grateful and warm regards

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 9

Hi Peter,

I've checked your profile and it should be good to go. You should be able to see a button to Submit a Proposal when viewing jobs on Upwork:

Screenshot_3.png

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS