Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bidding on a proposal

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Rajiv B Member Since: Feb 14, 2016
1 of 17

Hello to all community memners,

I am quite new to upwork and its been just 2 months. I have just achieved TOP RATED badge. Until now I have got the good understanding about upwork platform, however i still have some questions to clear out confusions.

First one :: If a client post a project and the same moment I reply back with a proposal( I mean within first 5 minutes), will my proposal be shown on the top of the page of the client dashboard( if I am the first one to bid).

Second one :: Suppose a post has already got over 100 Bids, IS it wise enough to bid on it. Well obviously, my theory is to try until you succeed but other way we cant just bang our head on the wall knowing that my proposal will be lost in the crowd of over 100's of bidder.

Third :: Is there any way to know whether the client has seen my bid or not.

Thanks in advance for all your co-operation.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Daniel P Member Since: Aug 15, 2014
2 of 17

First one: Not sure, but I think so.

Second one: Don't pay attention to how many other people have already bid on the job. For all you know, those 100 bids might not meet the client's expectations or maybe you'll just stand out among them as the best fit for the job.

Third one: Not that I'm aware of, no.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
3 of 17

Well I will wait for someone to answer my first point.

Highlighted
Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 17

Hi Rajiv,

In regards to your first question, proposals are not sorted by recency but by best match, which is how well we think they fit with the job requirements based on their profile and work history.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
5 of 17

So you mean, If my profile have no mentioned of skill of content writing, then its no use of bidding on them, as i would very down in the list.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
6 of 17

@Rajiv B wrote:

So you mean, If my profile have no mentioned of skill of content writing, then its no use of bidding on them, as i would very down in the list.

How Upwork sorts the proposals, they certainly won't reveal to avoid people playing the system. So don't make any assumptions.

Now bidding against 100 others is, on my opinion, a waste of time since the client is already swamped with proposals, and some of those can already be seen as having a high value by Upwork's mighty robots.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
7 of 17

Thanks Rene.

I accept your answer and I am clear of doubts.

One final things from you... Any advise for me as a starter who have just received a top rated badge

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
8 of 17

lol your profile says you're here to do free work.

LOL

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
9 of 17

Well thats is to build trust with the client. Thats the way I work. Gradually I will change my color..lol.

And you know well there is nothing called free cheese is in this world. If you look around the world or TV commercial, there is always something free with the products or services.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
10 of 17

@Rajiv B wrote:

Well thats is to build trust with the client. Thats the way I work. Gradually I will change my color..lol.

lol ok buddy. Enjoy that end of the pool. Let us know when you get scammed. At least the lowballers work a week for a case of beer.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS