Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bidding on a proposal

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Rajiv B Member Since: Feb 14, 2016
11 of 17

Well I had been once...Smiley Sad ,,,that client kept getting his test work done and didnt paid any...I still recall it and feel as a loser. Anyway thats why you people advise really helps people like us.

But can you advise on how my profile should be like...Just in shorter note.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Daniel P Member Since: Aug 15, 2014
12 of 17

@Jennifer M wrote:

lol your profile says you're here to do free work.

LOL

Geez, yeah, this has to be one of the worst overviews I've seen on here. I'm surprised OP's account hasn't been banned yet for asking for free work.

Not sure why anyone who claims to an expert would work for free. Not sure how anyone can really afford to for that matter.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
13 of 17

I believe you havent seen that I have stated 3 hrs of work per client. Its a very meager one.

Anyway client does ask freelancer to prove their worth by way of test project. Isnt that free.

And for god sake, never say anything that makes other hurt. You could have told me politely about my profile. This is not the way to express yourself that it is the worst or it is a mess. And more so publicily.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Daniel P Member Since: Aug 15, 2014
14 of 17

@Rajiv B wrote:

I believe you havent seen that I have stated 3 hrs of work per client. Its a very meager one.

Anyway client does ask freelancer to prove their worth by way of test project. Isnt that free.

And for god sake, never say anything that makes other hurt. You could have told me politely about my profile. This is not the way to express yourself that it is the worst or it is a mess. And more so publicily.

3 hours of unpaid work is certainly NOT "meager".

Offering free work is against Upwork's policy. Professional freelancers do not prove their worth by doing some work for free; they prove it by showcasing samples of their previous work and feedback provided by clients they've worked with.

Sure, you could offer to do trial work, but still demand that the client pay you for it.

I apologise that I've offended you by offering an honest critique of your profile. You're right, I should have been more polite about it, instead of the snarky/nasty way I said it.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
15 of 17

As i said i am just the starter here and have not much idea about it. I will definitely take your advise and have my profile look more professional just as you have.

I am sorry if any of my word offended you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Rene K Member Since: Jul 10, 2014
16 of 17

@Rajiv B wrote:

As i said i am just the starter here and have not much idea about it. I will definitely take your advise and have my profile look more professional just as you have.

I am sorry if any of my word offended you.

Top rated and soon to have your account frozen. Nice.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
17 of 17

You all have been helpful and scary too. I got what I needed and am leaving this conversation.. And with you all around cursing people, I would never ever look back to this forum for any help. I have NOT COMMITED ANY CRIME.

Hope upwork management takes over and look at the comments you have made on me.

Anyway I have changed the profile. And I will obey upwork policy. Thanks for all information.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS