cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bidding question

leflis
Matthew L Member Since: Jul 21, 2015
1 of 7

I'm curious to see how many freelancers choose to bid on jobs where the client has a reputation of actual money spent vs clients who have $0 spent and payment unverified.

I wonder what the actual percentage of people who post a job one time and never come back or never hire anyone.

hodgesh
Community Guru
Kholleras I Member Since: Nov 24, 2015
2 of 7

If the client has no history or verified payment method, I focus very carefully on the quality of the job post. I will take a chance on these clients if they have realistic expectations, describe the job well, and seem to know what they want and the job is a very good match for my skills and previous projects.

barada00
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
3 of 7

I can only find 1 or 2 jobs a day matching with my criteria so I usually don't mind if the client is experienced or not... If they have some low ratings from other freelancers, I don't usually send price offer but again I also see what other clients wrote about the freelancer writing bad review. I might be splitting hairs but that's me...

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
4 of 7

I do it all the time.  Lots of my clients are one-offs and aren't apt to use Upwork often, or even more than once.

carlosbstatu
Ace Contributor
Carlos C Member Since: May 27, 2017
5 of 7

I never apply to those kind of jobs since they are ususally "fake" for me. I feel like they are other freelancers who want the other freelancers to spend all their bids. Maybe I am wrong

barada00
Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
6 of 7

@Carlos C. wrote:

I never apply to those kind of jobs since they are ususally "fake" for me. I feel like they are other freelancers who want the other freelancers to spend all their bids. Maybe I am wrong

That's too paranoid, even for me. Smiley Happy

tlsanders
Community Guru
Tiffany S Member Since: Jan 15, 2016
7 of 7

I may be unusual in this, but I have a strong preference for clients who have no Upwork history. I provide a very specific service, and clients who have spent a ton of money on Upwork through a lot of different contracts tend to have more generalist needs and come to Upwork to expand their labor force. My client base comes to Upwork because they need specific skills that don't exist within their organizations, so it makes sense that they don't show up here until they encounter that specific need.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS