🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bidding
Page options
0e507436
Community Member

Bidding

Do you think that bidding higher than the others guarantees you an interview?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2ef54d61
Community Member

nothing guarantees you an interview and bidding is just upwork squeezing more money out of us freelancers as if their 20% cut isn't enough. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
2ef54d61
Community Member

nothing guarantees you an interview and bidding is just upwork squeezing more money out of us freelancers as if their 20% cut isn't enough. 

I agree this should end I guess I really don't like this feature. This way only those freelancers are able to land more jobs who have enough connects but the others struggle.

wptophat
Community Member

As a Top-Rated freelancer who has been on UpWork for several years, I have to say I agree. This whole new "pay to play" platform is a slap in the face to those of us who have worked very hard to build and maintain a strong reputation on UpWork. Now some new freelancer, or someone who has not worked as hard can outbid us and effectively shove our proposals to the bottom of the stack. 

How you get viewed by clients should be based on your expereince, JSS, and overall compatibility for the project. Not an auction. 

Because of this and other unfair recent changes that put feelancers with years on UpWork at a disadvantage, I have begun working on other freelance platforms. When I find one that can replace my UpWork income and does it in a fair manner, I am planning on leaving UpWork...unless they reverse course on these unfair practices.

I was cool with the original iteration of this....a specific amount of connects to boost your proposal. This gave freelancers equal footing because you paid the same amount to boost regardless of anything else. So all had the same opportunity to boost their chances. 

This auction style bidding is just plain wrong.

What other platforms have you tried?

erinvega2016
Community Member

Very simple solution...don't click the boost bid button.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members