Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Bids order

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Fernando S Member Since: Mar 12, 2015
1 of 23

Hello,

I'd like to know how our bids appear on the client's page. To be more precise, the specific order that the bids appear.

Do they appear in the order they were made? Cheaper bids appear first? According to freelancer's rating? Top freelancers appear on top of the list? Paid members appear on top of everybody?

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
2 of 23
Interesting question Fernando. Now that you ask, I would also like to know myself for information sake. Not sure if you will be given a clear answer though.

Some of our senior Community members here are also occasional clients. Maybe one of them would be kind to respond - if permitted - and if it will not harm the system.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
3 of 23

If I recall correctly, as a client, except for the "hidden folder," they are listed chronologically with the most recent bid at the top (subject to verification) -- Similar to how the freelancer views the list of job applicants in a job posting.

Ron aka LanWanMan
Ace Contributor
4 of 23

I remember seeing somewhere that one of the benefits of being a Top Rated Freelancer was to be on top of the list. Not really sure if this is true.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
5 of 23

@Ronald T wrote:

If I recall correctly, as a client, except for the "hidden folder," they are listed chronologically with the most recent bid at the top (subject to verification) -- Similar to how the freelancer views the list of job applicants in a job posting.

I can confirm this. As for Top Rated Freelancers, can't confirm that. Though it would be nice to know.

Once I waited an entire week and a half to bid on a job, becuse the client stated he would be on vacation, and I wanted to be at the top (more or less) of the application list when he returned.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
6 of 23
Its interesting to know that the application order is the same as how the freelancer sees it. I always thought it was reversed (in chronological order top down), so I would try to be on the first shown page if possible.

Research time on the job and client usually prevents this though.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
Highlighted
Community Guru
Jeff R Member Since: Apr 17, 2015
7 of 23

What if the client views his/her applicants cover letters via email? Then surely it wouldn't matter which order they were in. The client would be emailed every time there was a new applicant, whether they areTop Rated, Features or new to upwork. So the more recent applications would of course be at the top of his/her emails.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
8 of 23

And I thought I was the only one with this doubt/curiosity.

Still, nobody could give a 100% certain answer.

Isn't there any freelance here who also hires other freelancers?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
9 of 23

It’s like Ron said, the most recent bid at the top. As for Top Rated freelancers, it makes no difference.

Also, when searching for freelancers I thought I would find Top Rated freelancers on the first pages, but that is not the case.

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
10 of 23

Natash, do you contract freelancers? Have you actually seen how it looks?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS