cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Problems at Odesk

Ace Contributor
Jennifer H Member Since: Apr 30, 2012
1 of 2

I was told as a "Top Contractor" I would get priority support, yet I still have a ticket open from April 10th (12 days ago) that has gone unanswered. When I try calling into phone support, I'm put on hold and never end up getting through to an actual live person – only sent to voicemail after holding for a while.

Again I ask, how is this "priority support"? I don't understand how you can promise priority support as a benefit and roll out the Top Contractor program without actually following up on those promises. I still have not received priority support or any exclusive job invites from oDesk recruiters since this program has been out for the last month.

I also haven't received an answer on how I'm supposed to get my profile in front of more clients to be invited to jobs, in order to get my 24-hour response rate back (it disappeared completely just because I set my availability low for two months when I was working on a large project and didn't have time to take on more work). I'm begging you to change this, oDesk.

The 90-day response rate thing is just baffling. When I have two years' worth of 24-hour responsiveness and it disappears because I change my availability for a couple months, that is a HUGE problem.

This should not make a difference to potential clients. They should be more impressed that I have years worth of 24-hour responsiveness rather than three months worth, but you guys insist on making it more difficult on freelancers for no reason.

Please improve the support and the quality of life for freelancers on this site, or you are going to continue losing good contractors.

I'm personally applying to less and less work here and more on other platforms due to this client invite thing, which used to be my main job source.

Please start listening to freelancer feedback instead of ignoring it and continuing to provide poor support. We need a positive working environment here too, not just clients. When we disappear, the 10% disappears.

Please, oDesk. I don't want to leave, but I'm starting to think there's no other choice.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
2 of 2

Hi Jennifer,

I apologize that you have had difficulties when trying to contact customer support. I will pass your feedback along to our team and I will have someone contact you about your unresolved issue.

Thanks,

Lena

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS