🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Big budget projects that clients never hire
Page options
hiratariq
Community Member

Big budget projects that clients never hire

Hi, This is my very first post and I have just recently got full on into freelancing. I am on a look out for stable and continuous jobs. But a lot of the big budget projects I apply for that I feel I have perfect skills for, I notice clients never reply, they seem to be interviewing 0 candidates, and it usually wastes a lot of connects and seem to be stuck in a cycle of having to pay to be able to bid on these projects that I feel like the clients only post to test the waters. The projects never even get cancelled so I can get a refund for my connects. How do other freelancers deal with this scenario. Any tips will help!

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Hira T wrote:

Hi, This is my very first post and I have just recently got full on into freelancing. I am on a look out for stable and continuous jobs. But a lot of the big budget projects I apply for that I feel I have perfect skills for, I notice clients never reply, they seem to be interviewing 0 candidates, and it usually wastes a lot of connects and seem to be stuck in a cycle of having to pay to be able to bid on these projects that I feel like the clients only post to test the waters. The projects never even get cancelled so I can get a refund for my connects. How do other freelancers deal with this scenario. Any tips will help!

Clients that, for whatever reason, seldom hire on their jobs will have a low hiring rate. I don't apply for jobs when the client has a low hiring rate, has bad feedback from freelancers, gives bad feedback to freelancers, is new, pays a low hourly rate, ..... you need to define your criteria and stick to them. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Hira T wrote:

Clients that, for whatever reason, seldom hire on their jobs will have a low hiring rate. I don't apply for jobs when the client has a low hiring rate, has bad feedback from freelancers, gives bad feedback to freelancers, is new, pays a low hourly rate, ..... you need to define your criteria and stick to them. 

Thank you for the quick reply. I know what you say is the way to go. But I am always tempted by the thought that maybe this client might be serious. And the frequency of the kind of work I want to do is low so I stay out of work but the connects it cost is high so I keep running out of it. But luckily I havev't had to pay for connects out of my own pocket, I've had small jobs here and there that helps me pay for more connects. Thanks for your uplifting words though. Love how helpful this community is.

40fac38e
Community Member

Hira T wrote:

Hi, when bidding for jobs, check the following: Client's hiring rate, Whether the payment is verified by Upwork, Rating from other freelancers, and feedback.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members