🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Big problem: What a freelancer to do if s...
Page options
bassmah

Big problem: What a freelancer to do if she needs proof of work experience to move to Canada?

I`m planning on immigrating to Canada in 3-4 years. The express entry system, however, requires proof of work experience. That written document has to indicate the number of hours, duration and most importantly, duties and responsibilities. 

I`ve attached a sample of the letter of proof that I need as well as the CIC recommendations. 

Thank you so much. Every comment is much appreciated

CIC recommendations.jpgletter.jpg

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nobody here can tell you what Canadian officials will or will not accept. But we can tell you that Upwork has a wide variety of reports you can generate if you go here:

Upwork -> Reports

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 11.04.46 PM.png

You should DEFINITELY look at the Certificate of Earnings.

This is an informative document that will satisfy the requests of many organizations, including banks and mortgage companies looking. Will it (or any of these reports) be of interest to Canadian immigration officials? I have no idea.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r

You need to ask the Canadian immigration office how you should reflect freelancing. As a freelancer you are by definition not "employed."

Nobody here can tell you what Canadian officials will or will not accept. But we can tell you that Upwork has a wide variety of reports you can generate if you go here:

Upwork -> Reports

Screen Shot 2018-08-12 at 11.04.46 PM.png

You should DEFINITELY look at the Certificate of Earnings.

This is an informative document that will satisfy the requests of many organizations, including banks and mortgage companies looking. Will it (or any of these reports) be of interest to Canadian immigration officials? I have no idea.

abdel24h

Hey,

Did u get any luck related with the points?

tlsanders

You really should start working with an immigration lawyer now to make sure you have your ducks in a row. In addition to the fact that the system is designed around employment and not freelancing and so you may have additional hoops (or even not qualify) with your current work, the hours on your Upwork profile are nowhere near sufficient to establish the track record Canada is looking for.