🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Biggest issue not getting contracts
Page options
markzolotoy
Community Member

Biggest issue not getting contracts

What the biggest problem for a new person not being offered contracts might be? Reason for asking is basically what's to improve.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "What are the typical points in a proposal?"

Your proposal should NOT be about YOU.

Clients do not care about you.

When I post a job, your proposal should be about the three things that I care about as a client:

- Me

- My project

- How you are going to make my life better by working on my project

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Mark G wrote:

What the biggest problem for a new person not being offered contracts might be? Reason for asking is basically what's to improve.

The 2 biggest problems are a poor profile and poor proposals

What the tipical points in a proposal are? Any exampes? I just want to make sure I am not promissing anything up front in my proposals. However, they mignt be too short on details.

I think the hardest thing to learn is that you are a provider not an employee, so you need to speak to people as if they are clients. This makes the proposal process difficult to learn at first.

That's sounds very reasonable. But let's take an example, if I may. A client is looking for a report in a technology I am very experienced in. Besides, yes, I can help you with your problem, what else I might say? I hope that is not too much to ask 🙂

Mark G wrote:

That's sounds very reasonable. But let's take an example, if I may. A client is looking for a report in a technology I am very experienced in. Besides, yes, I can help you with your problem, what else I might say? I hope that is not too much to ask 🙂

This is the secret sauce we all struggle to figure out. 🙂

Great! Gives me some hope.

re: "What are the typical points in a proposal?"

Your proposal should NOT be about YOU.

Clients do not care about you.

When I post a job, your proposal should be about the three things that I care about as a client:

- Me

- My project

- How you are going to make my life better by working on my project

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members