🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Bill a client that has not posted a job
Page options
musikagod
Community Member

Bill a client that has not posted a job

Is there a way that I can work with a client who has not posted on the Upwork listings? For example, a previous Upwork Client who already knows they want me to work for them. Or an outside client that I might want to utilize Upwork time clock and billing for. If there is a way to do this, please let me know how. Thank you. Erik

3 REPLIES 3
lysis10
Community Member

The best way to do this is to have the client create a job, set it to invite only, and then invite you. They send the offer after you respond, and then you guys are set to use the time tracker (provided it's an hourly job)

prestonhunter
Community Member

Sometimes a client for an already-concluded job asks me to do some additional work. Typically that means she creates a new job posting.

But for some smaller tasks, she may simpy pay me a bonus, which she can do using an already-closed job.

If a client has never hired me before, there is no way for him to pay me. So the client MUST create a job posting. He can create a private invite job, as Jennifer mentions.

But there is no way for clients to pay freelancers without any job posting at all.

If you know of an outside client, who did not find you on Upwork then you may work with that client directly, without involving Upwork. Or you may have that person create a client account and post a job and hire you via Upwork.

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Erik,

You can send a link to your profile to your client and they can sign up for an Upwork account and hire you for a contract

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members