🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Billing Cycle
Page options
6a69ed97
Community Member

Billing Cycle

Hi!

So I’ve noticed that Upworks time goes in early than my timezone turns 12am. This is somewhat frustrating because I end with up missing time from the current billing cycle and it instead counts as the next week. How can I adjust this before the time to edit my timelog runs out and prevent this from happening in the future?
3 REPLIES 3
prestonhunter
Community Member

You can not adjust Upwork's work week. It starts and ends at the same time for everyone.

You can do what the rest of us do.

I understand when the work week ends for me, in my local time. I adapt accordingly.

petra_r
Community Member

Sabra J wrote:

So I’ve noticed that Upworks time goes in early than my timezone turns 12am. This is somewhat frustrating because I end with up missing time from the current billing cycle and it instead counts as the next week. How can I adjust this before the time to edit my timelog runs out and prevent this from happening in the future?

The work week ends at midnight on Sunday UTC.

That can't be adjusted or changed as there has to be a cut-off point which is the same all over the world.

tlbp
Community Member

Sabra J wrote:
Hi!

Make a mental (or calendar) note to check all your time on Saturday. Be aware of the UTC cut off and if you plan to bill hours on Sunday, get them done before Upwork's UTC cut off regardless of your local time. 

I have been working on some projects that have total hour caps recently and it is frustrating to try to keep track of whether I've approached the project cap (e.g., "no more than 6 hours to prepare this document") because of the different time zones. I have begun keeping personal notes on each day's time so that I don't have to try to reconstruct my totals using Upwork. I understand the need for UTC, but it is inconvenient for me. (Because if I was good at math, I wouldn't be a writer. 😉)

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members