🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Billing Details and Upwork Account Name
Page options
usmhu
Community Member

Billing Details and Upwork Account Name

Hello there,

I joined Upwork recently with the name Usman Hussain and earned Rising Talent Perk but on my official government IDs and in my bank account my name is Muhammad Usman.

I was trying to add the billing method and I come to know my Bank Account's name and Upwork name must be same. I was not familiar with this policy of Upwork. Now, I am unable to change my name on Upwork.

Kindly, guide me with a proper solution now. I do not want to lose my this Upwork ID (By deleting this and making a new one with original name). I am a bit worried about it!

Thanks much,

Usman

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Usman,

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile name. If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Usman,

Please note that your profile must represent you as an individual and that all the information in your profile including your name needs to be accurate, truthful and verifiable. 

Please check this help article for more information on how to update your profile name. If our team needs any additional information, they will reach out to you directly.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork
usmhu
Community Member

Thanks, Borjan for replying.

I got it, I changed my name to the original one. 

Thanks again,

Usman

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members