🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Billing Method Addition Issue and Identity Ve...
Page options
2b55b2db
Community Member

Billing Method Addition Issue and Identity Verification option is not visible

Hi

I'm new to Upwork and facing two issues.

1. I added billing method through master card three times but it is not being shown on my profile and it is showing "You haven’t set up any billing methods yet. Your billing method will be charged only when your available balance from Upwork earnings is not sufficient to pay for your monthly membership and/or Connects. " even after a lapse of more than 15 hours.
  2.  I have created new account but the identity verification option is not visible. However, I have received notification that your account has been verified and I received 50 connects as well.

Please tell me  followings

1. why billing method is not being added
  2. Why identity verification option is not visible? Whether I will have to further verify identity or it has been verified as per received notification?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Laiba,

I checked but couldn't find any attempts to add a billing method on this account you're posting from. Could you please confirm if this is your only account? 

Regarding the verification, it looks like you're referring to separate processes and it doesn't look like you need to verify your identity yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your identity, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
b2970f45
Community Member

Hi Laiba! I hope this info helps you until an oficial Upwork person takes your case. 

On first, try to add your passport in the ID verification.

On second, try to use your full name, same as your ID and also in your adress, set the coutry where your passport is from. It helps also if your phone number is from the same country of your ID. Then, setup your paypal and wise account. Again, every payment method should match with your ID passport name and country. Thats all. I hope it helps! Mery.

Thanks for your response.

1. My profile is not showing identity verification option till date. I created account 3 days ago.
  2. I have a single name on my ID card that's why I mentioned Laiba in the first as well as in the last name option. 

What should I do now?

AndreaG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Laiba,

I checked but couldn't find any attempts to add a billing method on this account you're posting from. Could you please confirm if this is your only account? 

Regarding the verification, it looks like you're referring to separate processes and it doesn't look like you need to verify your identity yet. The team will let you know if there is a need for any verification in the future. Please know that verification cannot be requested, but is slowly being rolled out to users of Upwork. If the team finds the need to verify your identity, you will be notified through an email, or through a notification in your account with more information on how you can complete the verification process.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members