🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Billing Method
Page options
onuorah_sunday
Community Member

Billing Method

Hello all, I want to know if adding a billing method is compulsory for all freelancers on upwork. Is it compulsory that I must add a billing method? I ask this question because I understand that adding a billing method would allow me to make payments for services such as buying connects, paying for Freelancer Plus and for purchasing services from other freelancers. What if I don't want to purchase any of those services yet and decide to add a billing method when I am ready?

Does adding a billing method have anything to do with withdrawing my earnings?

3 REPLIES 3
sajal36
Community Member

Billing method is for paying for the connect or services as you mentioned. For getting paid you need to add your bank in the Get paid section. You can defer the billing method to later stage when you need to buy services or connect. When you have earn on upwork than you can also pay from your earning for connect or services as you mentioned.

Your reply is exactly how I understand billing method. I have already added a withdrawal method (or disbursement method), and I have withdrawn my earnings before, so I know how this works. My confusion is that Upwork is making it look like I can't withdraw my earnings if I don't add a billing method. I have been trying to withdraw my earnings recently with no success.

I was told that my financial account was suspended. I contacted support and they requested that I get verified again, which I did and they okayed the verification, but they won't remove the hold on my account and allow me to withdraw.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

onuorah_sunday
Community Member

Your reply is exactly how I understand billing method. I have already added a withdrawal method (or disbursement method), and I have withdrawn my earnings before, so I know how this works. My confusion is that Upwork is making it look like I can't withdraw my earnings if I don't add a billing method. I have been trying to withdraw my earnings recently with no success.

I was told that my financial account was suspended. I contacted support and they requested that I get verified again, which I did and they okayed the verification, but they won't remove the hold on my account and allow me to withdraw.

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members