🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Billing method
Page options
mediavillo-raven
Community Member

Billing method

I recently added my mothers bank account for my billing method with her permission, because mine got a problem and i have an excisting job so i need a bank to put my paid money on. Would this be acceptable and won't cause me problems?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Raven M wrote:

I recently added my mothers bank account for my billing withdrawal method with her permission, because mine got a problem and i have an excisting job so i need a bank to put my paid money on. Would this be acceptable and won't cause me problems?

No, this is not acceptable and yes, it will cause you problems because you may not add a withdrawal method (which is different to a "billing" method) that is not in your own name.

You must remove it and add your own withdrawal metzhod in your own legal name.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Raven M wrote:

I recently added my mothers bank account for my billing withdrawal method with her permission, because mine got a problem and i have an excisting job so i need a bank to put my paid money on. Would this be acceptable and won't cause me problems?

No, this is not acceptable and yes, it will cause you problems because you may not add a withdrawal method (which is different to a "billing" method) that is not in your own name.

You must remove it and add your own withdrawal metzhod in your own legal name.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Raven, 

Your bank account information will have to match the details on your Upwork account. If you are a joint account holder of your mother's bank account this should be okay. However, if this is solely your mother's bank account, you will go through issues when withdrawing your earnings to your payment method. 

I would recommend that you check out the payment methods available to you by reading up on this help article, and use a different payment method while you are sorting out the issue with your bank.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members